And now for something completely different...

eggplant parm. i'm eating the last of the season's eggplant for lunch right this very minute.

also on the eggplant front, baba ganoush (or however it's spelled, I'm not Greek, so no idea). you just need to be able to get your hands on a jar of tahini (sesame seed oil and paste)
If I go to an Italian restaurant, that is my go to.

View attachment 445082
You guys are killing me, this is what my kitchen looks like right now and that’s my fridge. My grills under snow. I read this dang post and now my belly’s knawing at my backbone.
But…um…you have beer. Give it a hug and be happy. :D Beers:

No meat?.......the horror!

Some Quesadillas, with Salsa Verde, and a splash of hot sauce.

Even made some Brioche French toast the other night. Yep, for dinner.

You haven't lived till you've eaten mustard sardine burritos in a driving rainstorm! Short elk hunting story: father in law forgot the meat and we were ten miles packed in. He had tortillas in his pack and I had two cans of the sardines in mine. We were in our sleeping bags under a tarp on about a 40 degree angle with our feet on a log to keep from sliding and getting the bags wet in the growing stream below the log while eating the burritos. Wish I could've had Tabasco! I hope my African hunt is like this! Ha! Ha! Ha!
They have Tabasco in RSA, and Nando's Peri Peris sauce. You're good to go!

Love krytal hot sauce on red beans and rice -I like it on a tortilla with pulled pork.
And Mexican tajin spice on grilled corn on the cob sauced with butter.
Bought my wife an air fryer for Christmas-been eating spicy chicken wings by the pound!

Last edited:
They have Tabasco in RSA, and Nando's Peri Peris sauce. You're good to go!
Tabasco is in almost every country in the world, except maybe 10 of them.

I was at the Tabasco plant in Avery Island, LA just this past Sunday. Last time I was there was probably 40 years ago. Still smells like ass in the aging/fermenting part of the facility, but it goes on most of my food.

Quesadillas! Or any bread substance, with toasted cheese and a veggie topping.

Peanut butter on toast with fresh jalapeños on top. It seems strange, but it tastes like eating Thai food. The peanut butter dulls the heat of the jalapeño.

My wife and daughter are vegetarian, so I get to eat a lot of meat free meals. The last 10 days my family and I were in France. I tried to eat all of the cheese there. My home scale says I made quite an effort in a short time.

Vegemite and avocado on crackers ..... with Tabasco. Washed down with Bundy. Townsend's @Bob Nelson 35Whelen idea of a vegan snack, not mine.
@CoElkHunter
Mate it's Vegemite and poached egg on toast or baby spinach, avo, poached egg on toast topped with smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce. Wifes favourite snack for breakfast.
A good snack for me is a great meat pie with a beer or Bundy. Followed by same again. Then if it cold more Bundy then some more until you feel warm.
Bob

How to make a cucumber sandwich:

Place cucumber between two slices of bread, open bread, remove cucumber and throw it to the dog, eat the bread.

Hear me out...my grandmother taught me this recipe...

Pickle cucumbers and onions in apple cider vinegar with salt and pepper for a few days.

When the onions are soft, put a thick layer of peanut butter on a piece of bread and a thick layer of mayo... stick with me now, on another...

Lay in the pickled cucumbers and onions, add more pepper, and mash it together.

Whenever I eat that I am immediately 6 years old again on the beach in South Carolina...

Pickle cucumbers and onions in apple cider vinegar with salt and pepper for a few days.

When the onions are soft, put a thick layer of peanut butter on a piece of bread and a thick layer of mayo... stick with me now, on another...

Whenever I eat that I am immediately 6 years old again on the beach in South Carolina...
I like it minus the peanut butter. But, I'll try anything once.

"Hear me out" is like "here, hold my beer", usually nothing good comes from it. ;-)

In all seriousness that sounds like something I would try. Pickled veggies are usually always edible and I like adding PB to things. I've been baking bread lately and this would be awesome on some soft homemade white. I actually want to try this now. Credit to your grandma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanceSkin

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!