Ammunition company will not sell to people that voted for Biden

The big issues at hand are background checks and high capacity arms

Regarding the background checks, I believe every single gun purchase should be ran through a background check - something that 90-95% of Americans belief should happen. However, apparently that's too much to ask for. I can privately sell a gun to literally anyone, not ask their name, not anything. That is insane! Now, are most of these buyers legitimate buyers who want to take advantage of used prices? Sure. It's also entirely possible I am selling a gun to a convicted felon who can't pass a background check or to their slightly cleaner looking family member who buys it for them. You have to know the person who you are selling a gun to isn't going to commit a crime with it. A universal background check which takes 30 minutes and 30 dollars at a gunshop is entirely reasonable.

Large capacity magazines and assault weapons. Why the hell are they needed? To shoot as many school children, theater goers, or concert attendants as possible? The bottom line is a person does not need more than 10 shots to defend themselves. I'm sorry to ruin people's fun, but folks do not need to play soldier at the shooting range. Your fun should not cost dozens of people their lives in a matter of minutes.

Or maybe you need lots of firepower to try to overthrow the government like the despicable acts of right wing terrorism we saw inside our nation's capital in January. We always from our friends on the Right that we need guns to over-throw the government some day. Well they tried to - they lost an election fair and square and then listened to their Facist leader who is trying avoid prison time for the numerous felonies he has committed over the past decades, including time in office as President. Hell, even his own FBI said the greatest threat to American democracy are Right Wing Terrorists

I firmly believe even the most hardened guncontrol advocates have good intentions - they don't want people to die because of gun violence. Now, could they be going about it wrong? Sure. Would it be beneficial to have conversations across lines to come up with a bipartisan plan to address the gun violence in this country? You bet. But the NRA won't let that happen; they have money to launder. You can't launder money if you aren't presenting mass conspiracy theories to the paying members.

The bottom line is the NRA represents fewer than 10% of gun owners. 40% of gun owners are left or left-leaning voters - a number that is consistently confirmed in exit polling. Sure, its 60-40 in favor of the right and the right has 100% of the money. Now, the Right believe 99% of gunowners agree with them. Obvouusly not true. They just go on hunting and shooting forums and declare victory bc they yell and bully the loudest to the point where reasonable folks either ignore political threads or just leave all together.

I've been shooting and hunting all my life. I'm here to tell you that it's not fun any more.
I have always respect your opinion and you have usually voiced it in an adult matter but you are out of line.

First. You are completely 100% wrong, sell a gun to a felony, *****EDIT*****, anywhere and you are going to jail. Second, very few states are you allowed to transfer a gun to a stranger without a background check.

Second point, who are to say how many shots are necessary to depend ones self. Also, maybe if we made murder and assault illegal people would stop doing it? Also the shootings you reference took place in GUN FREE ZONES, *****EDIT*****!!! I was at Virginia Tech, he didn't use an assault rifle, no one was able to defend themselves and he went through all background checks...he followed the 1 gun a month law...What the fuck could have been passed as a law that would have saved those 32 lives. *****EDIT***** like you with your "common sense guns laws" created his gun free zones and probably want more laws because you feel guilty about the blood on your hands.

Third point, right wing terrorism. WTF are you walking about?!? Do you seriously believe that shit. No weapons found or confiscated. Stop believing everything you read on internet you seriously sound like a *****EDIT***** person.

Fourth, you can be legitimately be upset with the NRA. They have nothing to do with my right to own a gun. Please see the constitution, and present a clear argument against it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let’s pull it back to the constitution. The second amendment does NOT grant the right to own firearms. It specifically states that this right is God given and cannot be infringed upon by the government. If you hold to this belief, most if not all of these arguments are moot and the actions of the current administration in this regard are unconstitutional.

Liberals trade on emotion, not fact and logic. We have to find an effective way to defuse their emotion a draw our nation back to the constitution.

And @Trail Rated with all due respect, what "debacle" are you referring to? Legitimate question.
At the risk of leaving something important off this lengthy list, from the top of my head: The complete disregard for the truth when addressing the people, which culminated in more than 30,000 lies; the introduction of people like Sebastian Gorka, Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon into White House decision-making; the “shithole countries,” “murderers and rapists,” and “very fine people” comments; the weakening of America’s prestige abroad; lying about election results and instigating an attack on Congress and the certifying of a legitimate election, and of course the bungled response to the Coronavirus, leading to nearly half a million unnecessary deaths. Not that any of that would convince any Trump lovers.

With respect, the legitimate question begging to be asked isn’t “what debacle?” (The debacle is self-evident). No one has asked “How do you reconcile being a liberal and voting for candidates who support gun control with being a hunter?”

My answer is that I am not a single-issue voter. There are many things more important to me than owning firearms and using them to hunt. I love hunting — this morning my legs and back are sore from carrying a rifle and pack 6 miles around the forest yesterday in a futile search for feral hogs. But more important to me are: protecting and providing for my family, economic health, assisting the unfortunate, creating a sustainable society, preserving a woman’s right to choose abortion, cooperating with other countries, voting rights for all, civil rights for all, etc.

@LivingTheDream oh I'm out of line? I'll let the mods sort out the barrage of F bombs you directed at me. We have had deep good debates in the past, public and PM. I'm frankly disappointed

I stand by my statements

I have always respect your opinion and you have usually voiced it in an adult matter but you are out of line.

First. You are completely 100% wrong, sell a gun to a felony, *****EDIT*****, anywhere and you are going to jail. Second, very few states are you allowed to transfer a gun to a stranger without a background check.

Second point, who are to say how many shots are necessary to depend ones self. Also, maybe if we made murder and assault illegal people would stop doing it? Also the shootings you reference took place in GUN FREE ZONES, *****EDIT*****!!! I was at Virginia Tech, he didn't use an assault rifle, no one was able to defend themselves and he went through all background checks...he followed the 1 gun a month law...What the fuck could have been passed as a law that would have saved those 32 lives. *****EDIT***** like you with your "common sense guns laws" created his gun free zones and probably want more laws because you feel guilty about the blood on your hands.

Third point, right wing terrorism. WTF are you walking about?!? Do you seriously believe that shit. No weapons found or confiscated. Stop believing everything you read on internet you seriously sound like a *****EDIT***** person.

Fourth, you can be legitimately be upset with the NRA. They have nothing to do with my right to own a gun. Please see the constitution, and present a clear argument against it.
@LivingTheDream as you know throwing insults is not how we go about having discussion here. Please refrain from name calling, you can get your message across without it. This is a friendly community based on mutual respect. Thank you.

Right wing terrorists are the largest threat to America today???
Did you happen to miss the part where several major cities were nearly burned to the ground last year by left wing terrorist groups? Or the part where democrat governors refused to stop the violence and in some cases even encouraged it?
All in the name of some doped up rapist thug who didn't even die from what they said he died from. And then burried this scumbag in a gold casket, while the democrats held him in reverence.
The democrat ran media, and democrat politicians should be held responsible for fanning the flames of hatred in this country. For they are far more guilty of this than the republican party or their constituents.
Pure and simple.

@LivingTheDream oh I'm out of line? I'll let the mods sort out the barrage of F bombs you directed at me. We have had deep good debates in the past, public and PM. I'm frankly disappointed

I stand by my statements

I will apologize for my language, I was pretty upset. I was at Virginia tech so when someone brings up school shootings it is personal to me and not an armchair quarterback thing.

I still say none of your points follow any logic and nothing you said would have prevented or bring my friends back.

But you have the right to think what you think and I have the right to think what I think. Hopefully we can engage in more civilized discussion in the future.

I will apologize for my language, I was pretty upset. I was at Virginia tech so when someone brings up school shootings it is personal to me and not an armchair quarterback thing.

I still say none of your points follow any logic and nothing you said would have prevented or bring my friends back.

But you have the right to think what you think and I have the right to think what I think. Hopefully we can engage in more civilized discussion in the future.

We have talked about Virginia Tech in private before. It was a terrible event, as is the all too many other events similar.

Something has to be done. My side is at the table with ideas. Would they prevent all events, of course not. Would they prevent some deaths, yes they would. The gun lobby's plan is do nothing or arm everyone. It's a total non-starter bc the idea is rooted in money.

US politics is at a breaking point. Congressmen vote with their party almost 100% of the time. 50 years ago it was closer to 60%. Imo, we have troubled times ahead regardless of what party you support.

Now you went and woke the bear up. Thanks guys.

This is what happens when "I fall asleep at the keyboard" by being out dog training.

I'll be less polite and more direct than J.:E Temper Tantrum:

EVERYONE, skip the derogatory comments, demeaning remarks or name calling.

If you are feeling like this :S Rant: or:E Pissed: or:S Beat Dead Horse: or :S Ban:

Before you start typing, head out to your own front lawn and bay at the moon, get it all out. Figure out what you are actually frustrated about and deal with it.

(For my colleagues and friends in the USA, a grief reaction is normal when we lose something. Elections, COVID, etc.
Stages of Grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance..)

Then come back to your keyboard with a considered response.

:E Zen: Polite, Respectful, Thoughtful.

There are typically three stages of management here on AH, when I do it. The Bear - you never know.

Unknown.jpeg

(If you don't get it, ask one of the folks from Europe, Brazil or the UK) :)

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Have a nice Sunday.

Reactions: CJW
We have talked about Virginia Tech in private before. It was a terrible event, as is the all too many other events similar.

Something has to be done. My side is at the table with ideas. Would they prevent all events, of course not. Would they prevent some deaths, yes they would. The gun lobby's plan is do nothing or arm everyone. It's a total non-starter bc the idea is rooted in money.

US politics is at a breaking point. Congressmen vote with their party almost 100% of the time. 50 years ago it was closer to 60%. Imo, we have troubled times ahead regardless of what party you support.
I agree something has to be done, IMO it is doubling down on failed policies. Though I didn't articulate it in a way that I am proud of, my point was that laws will be broken by criminals.

I also agree that politics is broken.

Now you went and woke the bear up. Thanks guys.

This is what happens when "I fall asleep at the keyboard" by being out dog training.

I'll be less polite and more direct than J.:E Temper Tantrum:

EVERYONE, skip the derogatory comments, demeaning remarks or name calling.

If you are feeling like this :S Rant: or:E Pissed: or:S Beat Dead Horse: or :S Ban:

Before you start typing, head out to your own front lawn and bay at the moon, get it all out. Figure out what you are actually frustrated about and deal with it.

(For my colleagues and friends in the USA, a grief reaction is normal when we lose something. Elections, COVID, etc.
Stages of Grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance..)

Then come back to your keyboard with a considered response.

:E Zen: Polite, Respectful, Thoughtful.

There are typically three stages of management here on AH, when I do it. The Bear - you never know.

View attachment 392028
(If you don't get it, ask one of the folks from Europe, Brazil or the UK) :)

View attachment 392029

View attachment 392030

Have a nice Sunday.
I didn't mean to wake the bear :) hope you have a good Sunday as well.

The sickness that affects the mind/heart of a mass killer will not be cured by the regulation of magazine capacity, or background checks, or other means. Two of the worst mass killings here in Oklahoma were carried out by a truck bomb and a person driving through a crowd in a car. You must have a license and and insurance to own/drive a car yet no one is crying for more regulation of cars. The fallacy that more regulation of guns will curb violence has been proven wrong over and over. It is just the lowest hanging fruit to be grabbed by the media after any sad event, instead of the real issue.
Can we just hate/love blasers or Hornady ammunition? I like eggs....

Not too surprised by the comments by one of our members, seen it hinted at before, the other TR I was not familiar with until this thread.
To keep myself from being red buttoned, LOL, I will only add that these two "members", and I use that advisedly, have obviously succumbed very much to the "do something" disease, especially C, TR seems mostly to be very proud of himself for repeatedly voting for those who would take his (and OUR!) Constitutional rights away, in fact seems quite willing to as does C.
As I said earlier in this thread and this will be my last as its pretty obvious by now that these two learned chaps would probably be much happier on a forum for folks of like mind, as they are in a distinct minority here on the subject of personal Freedom.
At very least they shouldprobably keep their loathsome comments to themselves so as to avoid threads like this one. It just pisses everyone on both sides off, and nothing is solved.
Good day?

At the risk of leaving something important off this lengthy list, from the top of my head: The complete disregard for the truth when addressing the people, which culminated in more than 30,000 lies; the introduction of people like Sebastian Gorka, Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon into White House decision-making; the “shithole countries,” “murderers and rapists,” and “very fine people” comments; the weakening of America’s prestige abroad; lying about election results and instigating an attack on Congress and the certifying of a legitimate election, and of course the bungled response to the Coronavirus, leading to nearly half a million unnecessary deaths. Not that any of that would convince any Trump lovers.

With respect, the legitimate question begging to be asked isn’t “what debacle?” (The debacle is self-evident). No one has asked “How do you reconcile being a liberal and voting for candidates who support gun control with being a hunter?”

My answer is that I am not a single-issue voter. There are many things more important to me than owning firearms and using them to hunt. I love hunting — this morning my legs and back are sore from carrying a rifle and pack 6 miles around the forest yesterday in a futile search for feral hogs. But more important to me are: protecting and providing for my family, economic health, assisting the unfortunate, creating a sustainable society, preserving a woman’s right to choose abortion, cooperating with other countries, voting rights for all, civil rights for all, etc.
Your response is so ridiculous on too many levels. I’m no Trump lover - see my earlier posts but blaming him for CV is just idiotic and you think all of the 500k deaths were preventable? It’s a virus that transmits easy and yes some people will die but you can’t shut down and kill EVERY job and business because 1% die from it!! Do the math!! The problem with libs is you are idealistic and not realistic. The “one death is too many” mantra isn’t realistic when dealing with this virus balanced by every day hard issues and jobs. Your shut down agenda would harm far more people than this virus ever could! Don’t you get that?

People here are upset that county and state election officials CHANGED election rules in complete violation of our laws that CLEARLY only give that kind of power to ELECTED legislators for a reason! All people voting by mail with zero proof of identification, extending deadlines, etc... undermined the election for what? A virus that kills 1% of people that get it? Our election integrity means more than this virus, and YES the deaths it causes. The CV was a BS excuse to change rules to benefit one side. It’s ridiculous that you believe that people that go out of the house to run any number of errands are too afraid to go vote IN PERSON so their identity can be verified! I’m sorry but voting BY THE REAL RULES is more important than nearly anything we do in this country. Absentee voting should only be allowed if you physically can’t get to a voting center and by request and with other rules to ensure it’s not fraudulent.

As for your other bleeding heart comments on sustainability and assisting the unfortunate, these just show your idealism. I rode in a helicopter a few days ago for work and my work also REQUIRES me to use a truck to pull large heavy trailers over high mountain terrain and sometimes park it for a week at a time out in the cold many miles from any infrastructure. Same as farmers, ranchers, construction workers, etc... Electric vehicles can never replace most fossil fuel vehicles, helicopters and airplanes. These are facts. If you want an electric vehicle and live in a city, good for you but don’t push that crap on me because it will NEVER work where I and many people live. As for the green new deal plans for electric trains between every city, how is tearing up millions of acres of mountains, plains, deserts and farms/ranches good for the environment?? This isn’t green, it’s black!! We already have roads! Windfarms do the same thing and for what - subsidized electricity that cannot be stored?? Idiocy!

I’m all for helping the “less fortunate” - the legitimately disabled, mentally ill, etc... but I don’t believe in broad scale redistribution of wealth otherwise.

Just as I suspected, you don’t value gun rights, yes it is a right in the USA, as much as your other idealistic views. Got it. Thanks for the confirmation.

Curtisim1234,it’s a hobby to you but a way of life for many on this site. Ric Flair needs to wake you up from a sleeper hold!
Exactly. It is my way of life and my job depends on firearms.

I'm not only ok with it, I 100% support it

i really disagree with you and @trailrated regarding gun legislation. so what is a 100% background check before buying a gun going to do IN REAL TERMS? and why ID/back ground check anyone? checking ID is RACIST isn't it? at least thats what i hear about ID checks when people are voting.

if you have the 100% background check, what is that going to do to stop a crime? what will it do to solve a crime? i suspect most criminals will not adhere to this rule, how is the back ground check going to stop them from committing a crime? how is it going to stop anyone?

regarding magazine capacity, who needs more than 10 shots in a mag? well, i suspect anyone that was EVER in a shoot out with a bad guy ever wanted fewer rounds in their fire arm. Now if you don't like 13+ shot 9mm's don't buy one. but don't tell my wife or my daughter that they don't need one.
in fact, why not get 6 round mags for your auto's, 6 shots was enough for john wayne. or better yet, 3 shot magazines like most sporting rifles have, use a 3 round mag for your handguns because 3 rounds is plenty good enough for dangerous game, right?

100% support taking away your god given rights to self protection?? hmmm. As i stated earlier, please PM me if you have any "DANGEROUS" fire arms you want to get rid of, i would be happy to take them off your hands.

I have found my firearms are particularly lazy and ineffective, not a single one of them, even the high capacity ones have shot anyone...ever!! it is not the fire arm, it is the human with evil intent that is the problem. you CANNOT legislate morality. some people just refuse to go along with society and be a moral people.

also, we should outlaw knives, and cars, and other things that kill people, maybe drugs too. oh thats right, we did outlaw drugs, that worked out well for every one.

we should make laws that keep people from walking into schools and shooting kids, oh thats right we have those already. yup, gun free zone laws really work good, don't they. oh, and we should have laws that protect women from abusive men, that way, men wont hurt/beat on/kill women any more. oh thats right, we have those laws already too. well, at least the cops can get there in time to protect a woman from being pounded by her husband/boyfriend/mugger. oh, thats right, cops get there later and maybe arrest the guy, we would not want a woman to have the means to protect herself would we??

it is funny, fences/walls at the border are racist and don't work, but the fence around the capital will work and somehow is not racist. if an ANTIFA group was rioting down your street and burning houses, would you want a fire arm? if you actually did want a gun, would you want a magazine with only 3 bullets in it? just curious.

my suggestion is, float an idea that would actually work, actually help and not disarm the american citizenry and i will gladly join you. so far, i have not heard you bring forth such an idea. also, ask fire arm owners from other countries, that have these laws already, how much they like THEIR wonderful gun control laws.

all these points above seem self evident to me, should we give up our first amendment rights along with our 2nd amendment rights as well?

Last edited:
As I said earlier in this thread and this will be my last as its pretty obvious by now that these two learned chaps would probably be much happier on a forum for folks of like mind, as they are in a distinct minority here on the subject of personal Freedom.
At very least they shouldprobably keep their loathsome comments to themselves so as to avoid threads like this one. It just pisses everyone on both sides off, and nothing is solved.
Good day?

This is my last post in this thread so it can wind down. Regarding this site, it is a hunting forum not a US 2nd amendment, defense, or tactical forum. I enjoy talking about african hunting and hunting firearms; it seems I am in the right place here.

As to the 2 of us willing to publicly state our positions, I assure you there are far many more like-minded folks here who agree and choose not to post. They have messaged me before stating so and there quite a few who publically stated in November they were voting for Biden. Just as our posts upset you, posts like "ammo company refuses to do business with Biden voters" upset us greatly. Bottom line, I assure you there are significant numbers of US independents and democrats on this forum. Furthermore, it is an international forum. Imo, we shouldn't discuss politics on this forum (I generally avoid it but run down the rabbit hole once a year when something really touches me wrong). I've spoken with an admin about having a separate politics forum here. That's not the direction they want to go, I respect that decision.

I am from Australia and I have to admit I do try to take in alternative views, however those of the Democrats in the last 12 years has left me dumb founded. They support anarchy. Trump said lets LAWFULLY .... yet he is painted as being responsible for the storming of the capitol.

If any US citizen reads the following and still thinks the Democrats has your or anybody other than their own agenda at heart you would have to be a fool.
To understand the situation, we need to hear it from the Democrat's own mouths.

Chuck Schumer: "Time and again, we find progressive laws getting struck down. And it's always - always - the ones the Constitution is against. These right-wing judges don't think for themselves, they just do whatever the Constitution says. And it's time for that to end."

Elizabeth Warren: " We need judges to be advocates of progressive laws, not people who will bow to the whims of the Constitution, pitting it's extremist values of freedom of speech and freedom of religion against our agenda."

Cory Booker: "We're sick and tired of the Constitution sitting in the National Archives, manipulating everything we do."

To me the above is nothing short of treacherous. Look up the true definition.

This is my last post in this thread so it can wind down. Regarding this site, it is a hunting forum not a US 2nd amendment, defense, or tactical forum. I enjoy talking about african hunting and hunting firearms; it seems I am in the right place here.

As to the 2 of us willing to publicly state our positions, I assure you there are far many more like-minded folks here who agree and choose not to post. They have messaged me before stating so and there quite a few who publically stated in November they were voting for Biden. Just as our posts upset you, posts like "ammo company refuses to do business with Biden voters" upset us greatly. Bottom line, I assure you there are significant numbers of US independents and democrats on this forum. Furthermore, it is an international forum. Imo, we shouldn't discuss politics on this forum (I generally avoid it but run down the rabbit hole once a year when something really touches me wrong). I've spoken with an admin about having a separate politics forum here. That's not the direction they want to go, I respect that decision.
Yeah and there are many more conservatives than libs that also don’t post. So what? Clearly you are in the minority here. It’s also disingenuous to post, lose the debate and then claim it’s not fair. “This my last post...” because you cannot compete or defend your idealism? Because you are outnumbered? I don’t care if it’s your last post or not. I am not convinced of your arguments because you are not going to post again. I would also bet that you will be back posting anyway.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg