rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Friends,

I called my old contacts at Americase and had a lengthy discussion about a special one-time run of the very best safari rifle case ever made, the AT-3GUN rolling gun case. This case is designed to handle three unscoped magnum rifles and still come in under 70lbs, or hold two rifles and shooting sticks and come in under the coach 50lb limit. They feature bungee tie downs so you can strap your overweight carry-on bag on top with a baggage shelf to roll through the airports. When you get to Africa, they put them directly under the high seat in the back of the cruiser and the guys all stand on them all day without crushing your guns! I believe the empty weight of the case was 31lbs which has been sufficient for me to get a 470 double rifle and a 375HH, plus sticks in it and land under 50lbs every time. Of course, they can accommodate scoped rifles as well but its sort of at your own risk if you let baggage handlers throw around your optics so that's why I always use QD mounts

Americase has agreed to do a run for me. They are getting a quote for the aluminum at present and will offer a quotation based on me "holding the bag" for full payment at either quantity 10 or quantity 25. They will drop-ship the product directly from the Texas manufacturer to anyone in the lower-48 States with freight at actual cost.

I'll have Americase's quote by EOD.

The challenges of making this a go as I see it are as follows:

1.) I'm the bag man and need to front a substantial sum of money, I'll need to figure out how to obtain and coordinate all payments without getting burned on cancellations, etc.

2.) I need to coordinate with @AfricaHunting.com to determine if AH needs to be compensated with a cut to offer this to the members here.

3.) I need to determine how I will handle the variable costs of shipping per-buyer based on destination zip code.

This would be a labor of love for the group as the logistics of doing it and the financial peril for me to do the order. I'll try to figure out the answers to 1-2-3 above and I'll estimate costs to you shortly. Americase stated they'll have the quote to me by EOD.

If anyone would like to ask questions or express interest and quantity desired, please feel free to write below. While I don't have a way to predict costs until I get the quote, the price of aluminum has skyrocketed so its safe to assume these are in that ~$500 range each plus freight to your door.

Regards,

Rookhawk

1657120450148.jpeg

I am not really a gun guy but that looks like a fantastic case. Too bad they don’t make a double bow case that nice.

@ Rookhawk.. what a great case and offer.
So verry nice of you to make such an offer to fellow forum members.
I live in Tanzania otherwise I'd be all over this.

That is a lot for a case, but you aren't going to get one of these otherwise. There is very few on the used market, and you only have to buy it once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for making the effort and taking your time to organise this @rookhawk!

I believe the only way to do this is via prepayment (like a preorder) for the case to you before you make the order towards Americase and upon them being sent out, the remaining freight cost to be paid by each member. (As I suppose this will differ per location)

Sign me up for one. We’ll figure out the transportation to Europe afterwards.

Once you have the share for AH figured out and the final cost from Americase, let me know where and how I should send the funds.

If this goes through, I think you’ll have earned lifetime AH supporter award! :)

I am in for one of these cases... but need it by September first. Any chance of that happening?

I am in for one of these cases... but need it by September first. Any chance of that happening?

I’ll find out by tonight, @Nevada Mike . I don’t know the costs or fabrication time yet, I only know that they agreed they would do a special run at minimum orders of 10 and 25. (With different prices) They also said they’d direct ship, but I need to direct pay them as a “dealer” because they don’t want to deal with one-off consumer payments.

@ Rookhawk.. what a great case and offer.
So verry nice of you to make such an offer to fellow forum members.
I live in Tanzania otherwise I'd be all over this.

Same...unfortunately shipping here would be slightly scary...used to have one but it "disappeared ".....

Same...unfortunately shipping here would be slightly scary...used to have one but it "disappeared ".....

I’m sure we could get it shipped to a US address so you could “walk it home” on your next trip if you need one @spike.t . Let me get the facts posted in the next day on here and then you can decide.

Count me in for one

I’d love to have a take down case from them for my double. I wonder if there’s any chance they would do a special run of them as well

I’d love to have a take down case from them for my double. I wonder if there’s any chance they would do a special run of them as well

There are many take-down cases available in the market today. You can find used americases on eBay, plus negrini, and many others.

I’ve always brought my doubles to Africa assembled and in the full-length case as my battery usually involved two magazine rifles and a double rifle. I’d rather not have to contend with multiple firearm cases as it confuses the airlines.

Others have asked a question via PM: “Can these cases hold rifles with scopes”. Yes, they can within normal reasonableness of objective size…but don’t do it. The things I’ve seen baggage handlers do suggest no weapon is safe with the extra weight of an optic attached. Your rifles should have QD scope mounts and your optics should be lovingly wrapped and in your carry-on at all times if you want them to be reliable on a hunt. No optic is designed for concussive forces applied in all directions, including the six random directions a baggage handler opts to throw a cube shaped case 10‘ off the plane onto a concrete tarmac.

But yes, they can handle scoped rifles in these cases and may god have mercy on your optics if you do it.

Im in for one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross