Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

Wonder if he thumbed back the hammer with his finger on the trigger? With a single action that would not work well. In any event, he's lying, the responsibility for the woman's death is his.
That’d be my guess.

Reactions: RTG
I wouldn't write off the possibility of some actor breaking the top off the trigger either fanning it or pulling against the half cock notch.
Still on AB, whatever happened. Wouldn't give a lot for Ms Reeds future in the industry as an armorer, tho...

Screenshot_20211204_122808.jpg

Catching up on the story.
I heard on the news this morning that quote "Alec Baldwin does not think charges will be laid" I only caught that part not the story.

If it was any one of us you know we would be charged. If he's not, it will just be yet another example of how messed up this world is becoming.

I gotta agree with Rookhawk on this one.
And even more so ...ignoring this, not ridiculing, deriding, or chastising Baldwin, will allow this lady to be easily forgotten ...let him have it....he is killer....FWB

Baldwin talked today to CBS News. Said the gun was handed to him as unloaded and he cocked the Colt but did not pull the trigger. Then he cried. Remember, he is an ACTOR.

Baldwin talked today to CBS News. Said the gun was handed to him as unloaded and he cocked the Colt but did not pull the trigger. Then he cried. Remember, he is an ACTOR.
Was it handed to him as unloaded or did they tell "Cold gun" has the story changed.

Blanks, Blank Ammunition is Ammunition.

I know in my state of my country the legislation deems it loaded if ammo is in the firearm. Loaded is Loaded.

I really don’t get it. Firearms safety rules are very simple and, if followed, stop such tragedies from happening. There are kids training at my local sports shooting club. They are 12 years old, shoot tens of rounds several times a week, and no one EVER gets in danger. Why? Because even kids with “under construction” written on their foreheads and crazy ideas in their heads understand these fundamental rules.

The man claims he never pulled the trigger. Maybe so. But he attempted to cock a loaded firearm and pointed it at a person. Perhaps the gun was faulty, and the hammer dropped, or maybe he let go of it before it was fully cocked? Either way, the most fundamental safety rules were ignored. All the other stuff, not having live ammo on set and so on, are just extra layers of safety, but the most fundamental safety rules were ignored, and a person tragically lost her life. How the legal system will deal with it, I have no idea, but morally, at least the man is guilty of gross negligence, which resulted in the loss of life.

I have been following this thread with interest , there is no doubt that Alec Baldwin is a liberal A-hole , seems like karma got the best of him , but still not a good situation for an innocent victim and her family . For me this issue is simple , a person died due to someone's negligence and for me based on the information I have seen the two people to blame are the armourer and Alec Baldwin , they are the two that handled the firearm and were responsible to ensure the firearm was safe and handled in a safe way - unless there are other facts to contradict this .

It's amazing how cold this story has gone. No outrage at all with a known killer on the loose.

It's amazing how cold this story has gone. No outrage at all with a known killer on the loose.

Workman Comp is NOT the way to go. They are controlled in what they pay and what it is for.
Some years back some Co-workers were driving to another plant for training in a personally owned vehicle. A school bus pulled out in front of them and caused a horrific accident. They decided to go after the case through WC and learned the hard way that WC was not obligated to pay for facial disfiguration just for sewing the cuts up. Their faces did not affect performing their job. A finger is only considered in how much it is used in the performance of the assigned work tasks and at that only the number of days it would be used until retirement, or 65 yoa. WC is not obligated to consider the finger loss in personal use.
They should have stayed with suing the bus company and driver. Once they chose WC they could not go back.

it's not His main lawsuit(s,) that's a crew member that simply wants to cash in. dumbass filed a lawsuit in CA for something that transpired in NM. Killing someone isn't going away anyday soon, although Baldwin has def ramped up the PR stunts to try and minimize the tragedy.

Wow, it's been quiet for a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stewartsDucky

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber