Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

Wow,
I would have thought a licence would be required to buy, possess or use a firearm.
In Australia.
Some exemptions might apply but still require a permit and supervision or notification to firearms registry.

Similar is in Euroepan countries.

Wow,
I would have thought a licence would be required to buy, possess or use a firearm.
In Australia.
Some exemptions might apply but still require a permit and supervision or notification to firearms registry.

Not to derail the thread too much, but you might find this interesting as someone outside the USA:

In the U.S. state I live in (a so called "Constitutional Carry" state), as long as one is of the appropriate adult age and has no circumstance or condition that precludes them from doing so (i.e. convicted felon, failing background check, etc.), one can go into a shop and walk out with whatever long gun or handgun they want (except for NFA limited items like fully automatic machine guns) the same day. One can also carry said firearm around openly or concealed on their person without a permit, registration, license, etc.

My state also has very low levels of violent crime and gun crime (on both a gross and per capita basis), as do most (if not all) of the other Constitutional Carry states. It's pretty amazing to compare the gun crime rates in the very free Constitutional Carry states to those in U.S. states and cities with strict gun laws. That statistical analysis has become a very inconvenient truth for gun control advocates, as it makes it abundantly clear that the presence of guns themselves or the ease in legally attaining guns is not the ultimate issue in gun/violent crime.

Last edited:
@Louis Toadvine thanks.

Thats interesting. We have had licence since about 1980, Pre 1996 some target shooters had an exemption to hold a firearm to use at an authorised club for competition. For that they had to take an oath to protect the country. I know this I was in a club but licenced. Some old guys just wanted to compete or hold a rifle while ever they could

Guns were commonly traded without record as there was no registration on common long arms. Many unregistered guns would be out there.

Wow,
In Australia.
Yeah, my "License to Possess" looks kind of like this:
BOR.jpg

Yeah, my "License to Possess" looks kind of like this:
View attachment 453235
Wish I could say the same. I bought my first firearm in 1993. A 45 colt. It took 4 days and I had my license. You were at that time not limited for the amount of firearms you own.
Nowadays you can expect easily to wait 6 months for a license and are only allowed 4, unless you do dedicated hunter or dedicated sport shooter. And then renew every 10 years unless its your dedicated self defense handgun(only allowed to own 1) then that license needs to be renewed every 5 years. So sad

Real and functional, but with dummy rounds. Apparently they had been shooting it earlier with live rounds taking target practice and what not just for shitz and giggles. There should never be any live rounds on set, but Baldwin clearly knew that it was a functioning firearm. There is really no excuse but you are probably right about his buddies saving him or some damn thing. He's probably going to get off with a slap on the wrist.
It must feel goo to be high an mighty.

But he bought a 50 ac gentleman's farm on ice pond rd in arlington VT to hide away during the fallout (apparently somewhere familiar to his wife, while he's on sabbatical down the pike). 'Said we are all welcome to hunt there! It's been deemed by locals "A unsafe gun zone." 'Wait til' he goes to the local gun store for protection...

Plus, his claim that he followed procedures seems a bit dodgy. As the Producer of the film, those procedures were his responsibility. If those procedures were inadequate in preventing an accident, as they clearly were inadequate, then that’s on him.

Plus, his claim that he followed procedures seems a bit dodgy. As the Producer of the film, those procedures were his responsibility. If those procedures were inadequate in preventing an accident, as they clearly were inadequate, then that’s on him.
A post event response from the props union people said they were not involved with this film set.
Under their rules the actors are not allowed to check or mess with the prop weapons used. It is all done by the props person and handed to the actor for the scene.
There would not have been any weekend shooting with live ammo in the prop gun to be used. No live ammo on the set etc.
Remember? everybody is an expert with guns. If you don't believe them, just ask them.

Clint Eastwood supposedly said about gun control, if there is a gun around I want to be in control of it.
Just because he made several movies with an S&W 44 Mag and many western movies with old west guns doesn't mean I would trust him with a gun.

A post event response from the props union people said they were not involved with this film set.
Under their rules the actors are not allowed to check or mess with the prop weapons used. It is all done by the props person and handed to the actor for the scene.
There would not have been any weekend shooting with live ammo in the prop gun to be used. No live ammo on the set etc.
Remember? everybody is an expert with guns. If you don't believe them, just ask them.
Those Hollywood types not being ”experts with guns” requires even more caution. Any process that results in a tragedy like this is a process not worth having. The Producer of this film (our buddy Alec) is 100% responsible for that poor women’s death any way you look at it.

Those Hollywood types not being ”experts with guns” requires even more caution. Any process that results in a tragedy like this is a process not worth having. The Producer of this film (our buddy Alec) is 100% responsible for that poor women’s death any way you look at it.
I don't know how the gun shot sound is effected in movies like John Wick and the accountant when people are shot close range, sometimes inches away from the head, because even Hollywood movie blanks would be damaging. If these are sound effects and not blank firing then it is possible to never actually have a discharge at all. Some of the old west movies had rifles being fired next to each others heads with no evidence of ears getting blasted by blanks.
I think someone early one mentioned this as a part of movie making in modern times.

Clint Eastwood supposedly said about gun control, if there is a gun around I want to be in control of it.
Just because he made several movies with an S&W 44 Mag and many western movies with old west guns doesn't mean I would trust him with a gun.
@Sabattiboy
Don't forget one of my favorites when he played with an M1 Garand.
Grand Torino and countless oth war movies he was in.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilliamcoUlt

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you