Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

Never point a gun at something you don’t want to destroy. Anyone with two functioning brain cells knows when you pick up, take a hand off, put your paws on a firearm, you check for ammo……. This is a clear case of criminal negligence where everyone involved failed. No excuses for any of them. There are no accidents when guns are involved.

The fundamental problem here is Hollywood has Hollywood people serving as the armourer instead of a gun guy. Does anyone honestly believe this girl knew anything About guns? Alec is a jerk but he is not in anyway liable for this accident. Two paid professionals handed him the gun and told him it was safe. The director told him to pull the hammer back with the gun pointed directly at her at her request for a shot. There is no similar situation in life as it relates to firearms safety. In all other cases whoever holds the gun must be sure it is safe and pointed in a safe direction. This was a perfect storm of incompetence and a terrible accident.
I whole heartedly disagree with you there. The armorers finger was not the one that pulled that trigger after pointing it at someone in such a careless manner. This was no accident . It was gross negligence and incompetence. Hence the charges of involuntary manslaughter. Lots of blame to go around but only one person caused that death, the one who fired the weapon.

Your PH hands you a closed firearm and and then the tracker, hunting partner all say point it at me and shoot? Your hunting video Director says just do it, I need to adjust the camera.
Somehow there is a 458 size hole in someones chest.

It's the trackers fault right? The PH's fault?

Your lawyer can run with the defence: "Alec said it was OK!"; "That guy told me to do it"; "Certainly, I thought it was pretend, we were just rehearsing for the hunting video."

Good luck Alec.

Your PH hands you a closed firearm and and then the tracker, hunting partner all say point it at me and shoot? Your hunting video Director says just do it, I need to adjust the camera.
Somehow there is a 458 size hole in someones chest.

It's the trackers fault right? The PH's fault?

Your lawyer can run with the defence: "Alec said it was OK!"; "That guy told me to do it"; "Certainly, I thought it was pretend, we were just rehearsing for the hunting video."

Good luck Alec.
If he gets away with this, this will be a viable defence as precedent will be set. It will be the “Baldwin defence”.
I strongly believe that the charge should have been manslaughter for Baldwin as he pulled the trigger. Involuntary for the armourer as she played some part in the events leading to the death.

While I think Baldwin is a giant a-hole this is a tough one. Totally agree that you should check a weapon but let’s change the scenario up a bit. Now I’m an extra in a Vietnam movie shooting an AK-47 with tapped 30 round banana magazines. Am I supposed to load those 60 rounds of dummy ammunition? Is that how it’s done on a movie set? I don’t believe it is. Involuntary manslaughter that gets plead down to 24-36 months with no jail time is probably correct and from what I’ve heard he has already started liquidating real estate to settle the civil suit of which he is completely liable for.

HH

From 'The Daily Mail':

Alec Baldwin shooting recap: Mickey Rourke says 'there is no way in Hell' Baldwin should be blamed for Rust death: 'Most actors don't know anything about guns'

If actors 'don't know anything about guns' - something he and I agree on - why do they presume to lecture everyone else on the right to bear arms as though they are experts on the subject?

Obviously they *should know* something about guns, and some do. And I recall the film industry has some pretty good safety requirements, including on set safety training plus requirements for the firearm to be double checked by knowledgeable people. Based on what I read early on, this was not the case on the Rust set.

The armorer was not even present when the assistant director handed Baldwin the handgun. She was wearing some other hat at the time. (Again from what the early reporting indicated.)

We needn't litigate this here, the wheels of justice are getting set to grind the excrement out of it.
However, as per usual, I expect the shallowest pockets to serve the most time.
As an acquaintance said during the OJ trial, "What's the point of having $13 million if you can't get away with killing your wife?"

From 'The Daily Mail':

Alec Baldwin shooting recap: Mickey Rourke says 'there is no way in Hell' Baldwin should be blamed for Rust death: 'Most actors don't know anything about guns'

If actors 'don't know anything about guns' - something he and I agree on - why do they presume to lecture everyone else on the right to bear arms as though they are experts on the subject?

From what i understand, they had trained Military professionals come in to the set training on saftey & use of the handguns.

The thing that burns me is these actors make boat loads of $$$$$ portraying bad people who use guns to hurt good people, support defund police and early release of criminals, then proceed to try and deny the right of good people to own a gun to protect themselves from the mess these idiot actors have created, just so they can protect themselves.

Still say he walks with slap on the wrist.

Like the old song, “Money can’t buy you love…”

…but it sure can buy you freedom.

I am not a fan of Mr. Baldwin, but in this case, I must say that the film industry is to blame.

I have been in a few sets in my country, and even acted in a police TV series, and no "real" guns are allowed anywhere near a set.

We use guns that heve been transformed to shoot only 8mm blanks, and have an obstruction in the barrel.

The armorer loads the guns and handles them to the actors, who have no responsability whatsoever.

Having real guns that can shoot real ammunition in a set, is asking for an accident to happen sometime.

While I think Baldwin is a giant a-hole this is a tough one. Totally agree that you should check a weapon but let’s change the scenario up a bit. Now I’m an extra in a Vietnam movie shooting an AK-47 with tapped 30 round banana magazines. Am I supposed to load those 60 rounds of dummy ammunition? Is that how it’s done on a movie set? I don’t believe it is. Involuntary manslaughter that gets plead down to 24-36 months with no jail time is probably correct and from what I’ve heard he has already started liquidating real estate to settle the civil suit of which he is completely liable for.

HH
What praytell is a “Banana Magazine”? I’m pretty sure all issued Warsaw Pact Ak’s came with 30 round 7.62x39 magazines.

So many excuses being laid out for a guy that thinks you shouldn’t be allowed to own or operate a firearm yet he thumped somebody stone cold dead through criminal negligence. There are no Accidental discharges, only negligent discharges and mechanical failures. Baldwin is ultimately responsible killing this woman. Being stupid is not a criminal defense.

What praytell is a “Banana Magazine”? I’m pretty sure all issued Warsaw Pact Ak’s came with 30 round 7.62x39 magazines.
I believe its the same thing. Because of the slight curve to the magazine it developed the nickname Banana. Typically we tape 2 of these together.
Now that you know what I'm speaking about what do you think of the question I asked? Is an actor like Stallone or Schwarzenegger believed to have looked at every round in their guns to determine a live one wasn't inadvertently loaded? I think reasonable people would agree that they did not and would not have done so.

HH

It’s worth repeating that there is a HUGE number of people worshipping Hollywood Celebrities who, rant and rave about how stupid gun owners are, and how the USA needs to outlaw firearms …….. Yet all the while, said Celebrities gleefully make their multi-million dollar paychecks, with gun in hand.
It simply defies all logic.

Last edited:
I believe its the same thing. Because of the slight curve to the magazine it developed the nickname Banana. Typically we tape 2 of these together.
Now that you know what I'm speaking about what do you think of the question I asked? Is an actor like Stallone or Schwarzenegger believed to have looked at every round in their guns to determine a live one wasn't inadvertently loaded? I think reasonable people would agree that they did not and would not have done so.

HH
I was being sarcastic. Tell you what, give a friend a box of bullets blanks mixed with live, have him load the gun and point it at you and pull the trigger……. If you get hit with a live round it’s on you right? If you can’t see that Baldwin is responsible for him shooting the lady I don’t know what else to tell you. “Gee yer honor, I could have sworn it was a blank”…….. see how much to you get to serve less good behavior…..

Here’s a way for all the Alec Baldwin supporters to settle this out, let’s blame the manufacturer for building a gun that could hold a real bullet and lay all the responsibility at their feet, only seems fitting since it was everyone else’s fault but Baldwin……..

The fundamental problem here is Hollywood has Hollywood people serving as the armourer instead of a gun guy. Does anyone honestly believe this girl knew anything About guns? Alec is a jerk but he is not in anyway liable for this accident. Two paid professionals handed him the gun and told him it was safe. The director told him to pull the hammer back with the gun pointed directly at her at her request for a shot. There is no similar situation in life as it relates to firearms safety. In all other cases whoever holds the gun must be sure it is safe and pointed in a safe direction. This was a perfect storm of incompetence and a terrible accident.
@Philip Glass
I drilled into my son it doesn't matter how many people hand you a gun and tell you it's fine and safe it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE IT IS. Before we put guns in the 4x4 to go hunting he makes sure he shows everyone his gun is safe and expects the same if EVERYONE in the group.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross