Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Texas, Louisiana
This post is tasteless, offensive, and a discredit to AH. Please make it go away.
or keep bringing it back to the top of the queue by commenting on it. :rolleyes:

BourbonTrail

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA (AZ, KY, MO, NM, VA)
Good question.

All I've heard are the police are determining what the projectile was.

Have they made it know if it was live ammo or a mishap or worse tampering with some form of blank?
Appears to be live ammo:

JimP

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
It was reported today that it was a 45 Long Colt round. The have the slug that was taken out of the director's shoulder.

shootist~

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA
It was a pass-through. One shot.

CJW

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Forgetting all of Baldwins past transgressions and putting aside the jokes and criticism that he rightfully deserves, I believe what has been partially lost in all of this is that not only did a woman lose her life but a husband lost his wife and a nine year old boy lost his mother. I keep seeing Hollywood types voicing their sympathy to Baldwin and of course people make jokes, lord knows I have as well, but I think people need to remember that she wasn't the only victim in this which is why I also think that someone like as prominent as Don Jr. selling his t-shirts is done in completely bad taste. As much as this feels like Karma coming home to roost, it is really nothing but an unbridled tragedy that was 100% preventable. I still haven't wrapped my head around it.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Deals & Offers
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Hopefully Baldwin will take his misdeed to bed every night for the rest of his life. For an anti-gun-o-phobe, it's poetic justice in it's purest form.

Bullthrower338

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Forgetting all of Baldwins past transgressions and putting aside the jokes and criticism that he rightfully deserves, I believe what has been partially lost in all of this is that not only did a woman lose her life but a husband lost his wife and a nine year old boy lost his mother. I keep seeing Hollywood types voicing their sympathy to Baldwin and of course people make jokes, lord knows I have as well, but I think people need to remember that she wasn't the only victim in this which is why I also think that someone like as prominent as Don Jr. selling his t-shirts is done in completely bad taste. As much as this feels like Karma coming home to roost, it is really nothing but an unbridled tragedy that was 100% preventable. I still haven't wrapped my head around it.
I agree it sucks for all involved, sad thing is Baldwin will walk and the armorer will take the heat, just another example of the lack of personal accountability. If I “accidentally” killed someone I would hope they throw the book at me. Everytime I pick up a gun I know that I have life changing power in my hand, I can be responsible and respect it or suffer the consequences if I decide not to be. He is an asshole and I hope he gets everything that is coming to his sorry ass!

Forrest Halley

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
They should throw manslaughter at him and let it stick. He pulled the trigger. It's only right that he stands for the punishment. Why the hell was the gun pointed at a person not in the scene so squarely as to kill them? He should not be allowed to just look pathetic and get by with this. He's an actor. I don't trust anything he says or does.

CJW

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
I agree it sucks for all involved, sad thing is Baldwin will walk and the armorer will take the heat, just another example of the lack of personal accountability. If I “accidentally” killed someone I would hope they throw the book at me. Everytime I pick up a gun I know that I have life changing power in my hand, I can be responsible and respect it or suffer the consequences if I decide not to be. He is an asshole and I hope he gets everything that is coming to his sorry ass!

At least there are some level heads in Hollyweird.

I agree. I have a strong feeling as well that he will be treated with kid gloves.

shootist~

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA
The local ABC affiliate here, (Ch 7 KOAT News) covered today's Santa Fe Sheriff's News conference. They had a few minutes of the Sheriff speaking, but mostly the news anchors and on site reporters giving the news.

Based on the Sheriff's News conference (as reported by KOAT):

The armorer stated the firearm had no live rounds in it when she checked it.
Firearms were stored in a safe, but ammo was not.
After the incident, it had three "Dummy Rounds", plus one "without a cap".

The Sheriff said they are looking for anyone that can give info on the "Rumor" that cast members were engaged in target practice the day before. (So that part is not a fact at this time.)

sgt_zim

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Hunted
Texas, Louisiana

sgt_zim

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Hunted
Texas, Louisiana
They should throw manslaughter at him and let it stick. He pulled the trigger. It's only right that he stands for the punishment. Why the hell was the gun pointed at a person not in the scene so squarely as to kill them? He should not be allowed to just look pathetic and get by with this. He's an actor. I don't trust anything he says or does.
Manslaughter is unlikely. While the finer points vary from state to state, Manslaughter is generally an intentional homicide out of some suddenly aroused passion or anger.

This is more likely going to be some version of criminally negligent homicide, maybe involuntary manslaughter

There are 4 culpable mental states - again, different states may define these a little differently, but ultimately they all point to these 4 mental states, whatever they may be called.
intentional
knowing
reckless
negligent

the first 2 cover capital murder, murder, and manslaughter. the last 2 cover involuntary manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide, respectively. some states, like Texas (since I left the Houston police department 20+ years ago), have really blurred the line between what used to be manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter.

ducmarc

AH veteran
Reaction score
I figured after the crow movie incident all the barrels would have been welded shut.hell I don't want to be on the set with functioning firearms with any of those Hollywood idiots.im surprised it took them this long to shoot someone.its like people these days think everything is fun and games.

JimP

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
Still can't believe herb Parsons really shot a hole through a silver dollar in Winchester 73.
Can you imagine how hard it would be to find a silver dollar that has been hit with a lead slug?

Not only would the dollar be harder than that lead slug but once hit it would end up in never never land. I'd also wonder if a lead slug would punch a hole into it, but then it's the movies where anything is possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLJC30

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
CM,
That is nice work! I would like that cartridge slide for 50-110 Win. I would also use it for 500 S&W. Six cartridge loops would be perfect for me.

I will send you payment immediately.

Thank you,

Brian Gallup
wbriangallup@gmail.com
Kamloops BC, Canada V2E 1T4
1 250 372 1278
Akunasek wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
do you still have the Ithaca 10 ga semi auto?
kdenn wrote on TROPHY SHIPPERS's profile.
Afternoon, going to South Africa August 22 hunting with wife. will need your help with trophies. what information and how soon do you need it? went to the website and completed the form but seems i have negative energy or something with electronic communication often.
thanks for your help
ken dennison
Docpk wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
I would but the Swarovski scope
CADJR55 wrote on roverandbrew's profile.
Is that Level 7 Type 2 Primaloft PCU parka still for sale?