Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

This post is tasteless, offensive, and a discredit to AH. Please make it go away.
or keep bringing it back to the top of the queue by commenting on it. :rolleyes:

Good question.

All I've heard are the police are determining what the projectile was.

Have they made it know if it was live ammo or a mishap or worse tampering with some form of blank?
Appears to be live ammo:

It was reported today that it was a 45 Long Colt round. The have the slug that was taken out of the director's shoulder.

It was a pass-through. One shot.

Forgetting all of Baldwins past transgressions and putting aside the jokes and criticism that he rightfully deserves, I believe what has been partially lost in all of this is that not only did a woman lose her life but a husband lost his wife and a nine year old boy lost his mother. I keep seeing Hollywood types voicing their sympathy to Baldwin and of course people make jokes, lord knows I have as well, but I think people need to remember that she wasn't the only victim in this which is why I also think that someone like as prominent as Don Jr. selling his t-shirts is done in completely bad taste. As much as this feels like Karma coming home to roost, it is really nothing but an unbridled tragedy that was 100% preventable. I still haven't wrapped my head around it.

Hopefully Baldwin will take his misdeed to bed every night for the rest of his life. For an anti-gun-o-phobe, it's poetic justice in it's purest form.

Forgetting all of Baldwins past transgressions and putting aside the jokes and criticism that he rightfully deserves, I believe what has been partially lost in all of this is that not only did a woman lose her life but a husband lost his wife and a nine year old boy lost his mother. I keep seeing Hollywood types voicing their sympathy to Baldwin and of course people make jokes, lord knows I have as well, but I think people need to remember that she wasn't the only victim in this which is why I also think that someone like as prominent as Don Jr. selling his t-shirts is done in completely bad taste. As much as this feels like Karma coming home to roost, it is really nothing but an unbridled tragedy that was 100% preventable. I still haven't wrapped my head around it.
I agree it sucks for all involved, sad thing is Baldwin will walk and the armorer will take the heat, just another example of the lack of personal accountability. If I “accidentally” killed someone I would hope they throw the book at me. Everytime I pick up a gun I know that I have life changing power in my hand, I can be responsible and respect it or suffer the consequences if I decide not to be. He is an asshole and I hope he gets everything that is coming to his sorry ass!

They should throw manslaughter at him and let it stick. He pulled the trigger. It's only right that he stands for the punishment. Why the hell was the gun pointed at a person not in the scene so squarely as to kill them? He should not be allowed to just look pathetic and get by with this. He's an actor. I don't trust anything he says or does.

I agree it sucks for all involved, sad thing is Baldwin will walk and the armorer will take the heat, just another example of the lack of personal accountability. If I “accidentally” killed someone I would hope they throw the book at me. Everytime I pick up a gun I know that I have life changing power in my hand, I can be responsible and respect it or suffer the consequences if I decide not to be. He is an asshole and I hope he gets everything that is coming to his sorry ass!

At least there are some level heads in Hollyweird.

I agree. I have a strong feeling as well that he will be treated with kid gloves.

The local ABC affiliate here, (Ch 7 KOAT News) covered today's Santa Fe Sheriff's News conference. They had a few minutes of the Sheriff speaking, but mostly the news anchors and on site reporters giving the news.

Based on the Sheriff's News conference (as reported by KOAT):

The armorer stated the firearm had no live rounds in it when she checked it.
Firearms were stored in a safe, but ammo was not.
After the incident, it had three "Dummy Rounds", plus one "without a cap".

The Sheriff said they are looking for anyone that can give info on the "Rumor" that cast members were engaged in target practice the day before. (So that part is not a fact at this time.)

They should throw manslaughter at him and let it stick. He pulled the trigger. It's only right that he stands for the punishment. Why the hell was the gun pointed at a person not in the scene so squarely as to kill them? He should not be allowed to just look pathetic and get by with this. He's an actor. I don't trust anything he says or does.
Manslaughter is unlikely. While the finer points vary from state to state, Manslaughter is generally an intentional homicide out of some suddenly aroused passion or anger.

This is more likely going to be some version of criminally negligent homicide, maybe involuntary manslaughter

There are 4 culpable mental states - again, different states may define these a little differently, but ultimately they all point to these 4 mental states, whatever they may be called.
intentional
knowing
reckless
negligent

the first 2 cover capital murder, murder, and manslaughter. the last 2 cover involuntary manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide, respectively. some states, like Texas (since I left the Houston police department 20+ years ago), have really blurred the line between what used to be manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter.

I figured after the crow movie incident all the barrels would have been welded shut.hell I don't want to be on the set with functioning firearms with any of those Hollywood idiots.im surprised it took them this long to shoot someone.its like people these days think everything is fun and games.

Still can't believe herb Parsons really shot a hole through a silver dollar in Winchester 73.
Can you imagine how hard it would be to find a silver dollar that has been hit with a lead slug?

Not only would the dollar be harder than that lead slug but once hit it would end up in never never land. I'd also wonder if a lead slug would punch a hole into it, but then it's the movies where anything is possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg