Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

DOUG: When I hand a gun to my 30 yr old Son - I open it first, right in front of him and check to be sure it’s UNloaded…. He will then also immediately check the chamber and still we keep muzzle pointed in safe direction - that’s an ingrained habit for both of us…but I believe only Firearm owners and users are that careful. I’m Not sure if Alec is responsible “legally” but I know I wouldn’t trust anyone to hand me a gun and “trust” it’s unloaded — Not even my Son, it only takes a second to double check for yourself.
Exactly.

I'm not surprised that this thread has generated so much interest. A rich, arrogant anti-hunter and gunner who makes his living portraying gun violence is about the ultimate hypocrite. Not difficult to condemn him....................I hope he doesn't get off with a fine. Money is not a penalty to people worth over $100 million..........FWB

I'm not surprised that this thread has generated so much interest. A rich, arrogant anti-hunter and gunner who makes his living portraying gun violence is about the ultimate hypocrite. Not difficult to condemn him....................I hope he doesn't get off with a fine. Money is not a penalty to people worth over $100 million..........FWB
It is if it's $107 million.

Local news reporting verdicts on Armorer trial:
Guilty on Involentary Manslaughter.
Not guilty on tampering with evidence.

Read after that ruling on one of the news outlets who were discussing it with people, that it could possibly be used by the defence to say it was her fault as she had been found guilty, so it wasn't his fault.....not sure if correct

Ya, Mike.........and even though I dislike this guy..........he is very disingenuous......making violent movies and profiting while decrying gun violence...........so it's easy for me to want to see him punished.....at the end of the day it was an accident. Not a murder. Hollywood knows everything. They rarely ask for advice. Watch a survival movie or a self defense movie, and most of what you see is wrong. They can't even spring a few bucks for an expert consult. So I question the quals of their firearms "expert". Most of the people on AH know their guns..........but that is not the case in general. If this victim was a stunt double, we would say it's part of the game.........goes with the territory. That was not the case here, but I guess all professions have some risk. Sad for her family......and maybe her guilty verdict will get Baldwin off Scot free.......there are more important issues in my life, but I can't take my eyes off of this one.....................FWB

Ya, Mike.........and even though I dislike this guy..........he is very disingenuous......making violent movies and profiting while decrying gun violence...........so it's easy for me to want to see him punished.....at the end of the day it was an accident. Not a murder. Hollywood knows everything. They rarely ask for advice. Watch a survival movie or a self defense movie, and most of what you see is wrong. They can't even spring a few bucks for an expert consult. So I question the quals of their firearms "expert". Most of the people on AH know their guns..........but that is not the case in general. If this victim was a stunt double, we would say it's part of the game.........goes with the territory. That was not the case here, but I guess all professions have some risk. Sad for her family......and maybe her guilty verdict will get Baldwin off Scot free.......there are more important issues in my life, but I can't take my eyes off of this one.....................FWB
Yes, it was an accident. No one is calling for a murder verdict and an execution or life in prison. However, it was still a homicide, due to negligence. If he was drinking, and was over the legal limit when he was involved in a traffic fatality, he'd be going to prison. If he was serving the alcohol to someone that was already drunk and that person committed vehicular homicide, he would also be going to prison along with the drunk driver, though probably for a shorter term. One does not excuse the other. Regardless of what the sentence is for the weapons technician, Baldwin is still responsible for his actions, and he was, in fact, the one that pulled the trigger and killed the cinematographer.

Read after that ruling on one of the news outlets who were discussing it with people, that it could possibly be used by the defence to say it was her fault as she had been found guilty, so it wasn't his fault.....not sure if correct

They will surely try to put all of the blame on her. Problem as I see it is it was his set. Just days before he shot her, there were other discharges of firearms when guns were supposedly cold and people actually walked off the production. If he didn't do anything to try to correct the situation to ensure his employees safety then I would think he would be found liable.

A slap on the wrist.

She was stupid, but she didn't pull the trigger. Baldwin should receive not one day less than the armorer. He didn't check the gun as required by policy and then fired the lethal bullet.
My concern is that he'll receive "Community Service" which he would do by making television ads expounding on the evils of gun ownership.

Live rounds stored in the same box as the blanks (or dummies). Hard to even get my head around that.

Live rounds stored in the same box as the blanks (or dummies). Hard to even get my head around that.

Whaaaat? You don't store your snap caps with your factory ammo, so it's neatly organized by caliber and easy to find?? :unsure: :unsure:

Continued thoughts and prayers for the victim, the victim’s family, and the community. May God bring them forgiveness and healing over time.

I had something cynical and sharp to write about the alleged shooter but in trying to be nicer I will refrain. Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Baldwin can afford better representation. I predict he will get off with much less. His argument that he didn’t actually pull the trigger, it fired itself should get him prison time on its own lack of merit.

She was stupid, but she didn't pull the trigger. Baldwin should receive not one day less than the armorer. He didn't check the gun as required by policy and then fired the lethal bullet.
My concern is that he'll receive "Community Service" which he would do by making television ads expounding on the evils of gun ownership.
@Doug Hamilton
He should get whatever the sentence is for involuntary manslaughter is and forced to make tv adds telling people the effects of stupidity and laziness are.
Dead person, prison and an enlarged butt hole because you are the new meat on the block for a lifer who has nothing to lose
Bob

There should have been no live rounds around the set period.
There shouldn't have been, but there were. The armorer and the person in charge, Baldwin, were both responsible for the death. He should receive at least as much time as the armorer. Hopefully he'll.get more as the person.in charge and being the actual shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noafrica4me

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you