Alcoholic???

Had some drinks last night... was lucky to have a choice of draught or minatures..... :D:A Banana::D Beers:

View attachment 341420

Better than my mate in Zim though... don't know what he was thinking.... :A Whacky:

View attachment 341421
Ah yes Spike. That old time colonial drink of HS&T. It sanitises you as well as gets you drunk. Your pal in Zim is making rocket fuel by the looks of it. But saying that I have drank meths in the past when I was in the services (dont ask but I was in the Balkans)
 
Ah yes Spike. That old time colonial drink of HS&T. It sanitises you as well as gets you drunk. Your pal in Zim is making rocket fuel by the looks of it. But saying that I have drank meths in the past when I was in the services (dont ask but I was in the Balkans)

But of course... perfect for sundowners..... (y):D......and well he's a zimbo...so :A Banana::E Rofl:
 
But of course... perfect for sundowners..... (y):D......and well he's a zimbo...so :A Banana::E Rofl:
Cant beat meths and cola!! I find its not just perfect for sundowners but rather good a multitude of things :D Beer Bottle:
 
101002963_10158062971771609_2149611653971312640_n.jpg
 
Over the past year, I have acquired a taste for Scotch. Besides the usual suspects such as Macallan 12, Johnny Walker Black and Laphroaig 10, what are some other names worth trying?
 
Over the past year, I have acquired a taste for Scotch. Besides the usual suspects such as Macallan 12, Johnny Walker Black and Laphroaig 10, what are some other names worth trying?
I’m not a big drinker, but Scotch is my adult beverage of choice. Try Bowmore or Talisker.
 
Glenlivet, Bunnahaven, Glenfiddich, Glenfarclas.
Get a copy of "Malt Whisky" by Charles MacLean.
Taste them all and decide for yourself.
 
Glenlivet, Bunnahaven, Glenfiddich, Glenfarclas.
Get a copy of "Malt Whisky" by Charles MacLean.
Taste them all and decide for yourself.
I've had Glenlivet and Glenfiddich. Pretty good. I guess so far my favorite is Highland Park 12 with a little Laphroaig 10 mixed in for some smoke.
 
A few of my favorites are glenmorangie 18 yr very rare, Balvenie carribean cask, Middleton very rare (Irish).
 
Oh and try Oban and if you ever get a taste of 25yr Macallan look out, that would be a very expensive addiction!
 
Over the past year, I have acquired a taste for Scotch. Besides the usual suspects such as Macallan 12, Johnny Walker Black and Laphroaig 10, what are some other names worth trying?

Give Dalwhinnie 15 a try... not insanely expensive... very smooth and crisp with some cool pear and toffee notes... it’s been one of my go-to’s for the past 30 years


 
View attachment 366189
If you dont understand...ask mr Google what it means in afrikaans slang
I didn't need google to tell me what that means, lol. I've seen Neill Blomkamp's movies District 9 and Chappie, which use considerable amounts of Afrikaans slang. Also considerable amounts of South African weapons that you don't see in movies very much, if at all.
 
Over the past year, I have acquired a taste for Scotch. Besides the usual suspects such as Macallan 12, Johnny Walker Black and Laphroaig 10, what are some other names worth trying?
Warning - these will turn a Scotch drinking novice into a non-Scotch drinker.

If you like smokey, peaty and a bit medicinal...Lagavulin 16.
Ardbeg 10 and Caol Ila 12 are also favorites of mine.

Been on the single malt Scotch train for about 30 years now.
I'm currently into the American Rye Whiskey revolution.
 
Singles are nice. Not sure if I posted this earlier but just to let you know, the highest rated Scotch by Whisky Advocate is JW Blue label.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,774
Members
169,414
Latest member
AileenA946
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top