Alcoholic???

Had some drinks last night... was lucky to have a choice of draught or minatures..... :D:A Banana::D Beers:

View attachment 341420

Better than my mate in Zim though... don't know what he was thinking.... :A Whacky:

View attachment 341421
Ah yes Spike. That old time colonial drink of HS&T. It sanitises you as well as gets you drunk. Your pal in Zim is making rocket fuel by the looks of it. But saying that I have drank meths in the past when I was in the services (dont ask but I was in the Balkans)

Ah yes Spike. That old time colonial drink of HS&T. It sanitises you as well as gets you drunk. Your pal in Zim is making rocket fuel by the looks of it. But saying that I have drank meths in the past when I was in the services (dont ask but I was in the Balkans)

But of course... perfect for sundowners..... (y):D......and well he's a zimbo...so :A Banana::E Rofl:

But of course... perfect for sundowners..... (y):D......and well he's a zimbo...so :A Banana::E Rofl:
Cant beat meths and cola!! I find its not just perfect for sundowners but rather good a multitude of things :D Beer Bottle:

101002963_10158062971771609_2149611653971312640_n.jpg

Over the past year, I have acquired a taste for Scotch. Besides the usual suspects such as Macallan 12, Johnny Walker Black and Laphroaig 10, what are some other names worth trying?

Over the past year, I have acquired a taste for Scotch. Besides the usual suspects such as Macallan 12, Johnny Walker Black and Laphroaig 10, what are some other names worth trying?
I’m not a big drinker, but Scotch is my adult beverage of choice. Try Bowmore or Talisker.

Glenlivet, Bunnahaven, Glenfiddich, Glenfarclas.
Get a copy of "Malt Whisky" by Charles MacLean.
Taste them all and decide for yourself.

Glenlivet, Bunnahaven, Glenfiddich, Glenfarclas.
Get a copy of "Malt Whisky" by Charles MacLean.
Taste them all and decide for yourself.
I've had Glenlivet and Glenfiddich. Pretty good. I guess so far my favorite is Highland Park 12 with a little Laphroaig 10 mixed in for some smoke.

A few of my favorites are glenmorangie 18 yr very rare, Balvenie carribean cask, Middleton very rare (Irish).

Oh and try Oban and if you ever get a taste of 25yr Macallan look out, that would be a very expensive addiction!

Give Dalwhinnie 15 a try... not insanely expensive... very smooth and crisp with some cool pear and toffee notes... it’s been one of my go-to’s for the past 30 years

View attachment 366189
If you dont understand...ask mr Google what it means in afrikaans slang
I didn't need google to tell me what that means, lol. I've seen Neill Blomkamp's movies District 9 and Chappie, which use considerable amounts of Afrikaans slang. Also considerable amounts of South African weapons that you don't see in movies very much, if at all.

Warning - these will turn a Scotch drinking novice into a non-Scotch drinker.

If you like smokey, peaty and a bit medicinal...Lagavulin 16.
Ardbeg 10 and Caol Ila 12 are also favorites of mine.

Been on the single malt Scotch train for about 30 years now.
I'm currently into the American Rye Whiskey revolution.

Singles are nice. Not sure if I posted this earlier but just to let you know, the highest rated Scotch by Whisky Advocate is JW Blue label.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!