Alaska Brown Bear Boat Based Hunt

Curious to know about pricing for various hunts. I am seeing $12k for black bear, $40k for brown bear and $50k for combo. OOOOOUCH!!!!!!!!
Alaskan Peninsula with biggest brown bears = $25k - $30k. My favorite. Fly out by Supercub from lodge to small cabins or 10x10 tent camps. Good food. Can be more physical but not severe. Spring weather a mixture of sun, clouds and rain with bears fairly active in all daylight hours due to hunger and rut. Lots of glassing and more open country. Fall weather generally somewhat worse with bears more nocturnal after eating salmon all summer and no rut. Last couple hours of the day are best in fall.

ABC Islands boat based = $20k - $25k. Great boat, good homestyle meals, hot shower, private bed but shared bathroom. Expect more rain and smaller bears than Peninsula. Glass during spring season from a 16-20ft skiff with outboard motor. Physically easy stalks on relatively flat beaches but limited by what shows up on the beach. Bears sporadically out on beaches from 3pm -11pm so usually don’t hunt in morning. Morning and mid-day activities such as fishing and checking crab pots. Fall hunts involve lots of hiking up timbered salmon streams with bears at close quarters (exciting for some people and frightening for others lol) but mostly sows and cubs. Boars usually come to fish just before dark and after dark.

ABC Islands luxury yacht with chef, private bathrooms = $35k -$45k. With combo hunts $50k. A waste of extra money in my opinion. Less about the quality of the trophy than other options. More emphasis than other options on wine and dine and the “scene.” Hunting and weather the same as above boat hunt.

I have guided them all.

Last edited:
Looking for a boat based brown bear hunt in Alaska. Anyone have experience with Parker Guide Service or Coastal Alaska Adventures? Any other recommendations? Thanks
Southeast Alaska Guiding, great operation. Hans Baertle is the owner/operator. Detail oriented and one of the hardest working guides I've ever been around.

@jcnelsn1,

hi, if you are wanting a black bear as a "bonus" then you will be hunting in the southern parts, there are none on the alaskan peninsula. however, if you want a great hunt, i work for mike litzen and have hunted bears for him for nearly 20 years now and would highly recommend him. his website is: https://alaskabrownbearhunts.net

i have guided several of the bears shown on that site. i can tell you mike is a great outfitter and a good man as well. i will be heading out to guide for him again in about 2 weeks. in fact, i went out and sighted in my 375 ruger and my new (to me) 458 win today at the range in preparation.

we hunt off a 65'boat, the "spirit" and it has a great captain as well. Ross is a superb captain and a great cook as well. good luck on your search for a good outfitter, i am sure there are plenty of them, i can only recommend what i know and Litzen is a good one.
Jason ?

Alaskan Peninsula with biggest brown bears = $25k - $30k. My favorite. Fly out by Supercub from lodge to small cabins or 10x10 tent camps. Good food. Can be more physical but not severe. Spring weather a mixture of sun, clouds and rain with bears fairly active in all daylight hours due to hunger and rut. Lots of glassing and more open country. Fall weather generally somewhat worse with bears more nocturnal after eating salmon all summer and no rut. Last couple hours of the day are best in fall.

ABC Islands boat based = $20k - $25k. Great boat, good homestyle meals, hot shower, private bed but shared bathroom. Expect more rain and smaller bears than Peninsula. Glass during spring season from a 16-20ft skiff with outboard motor. Physically easy stalks on relatively flat beaches but limited by what shows up on the beach. Bears sporadically out on beaches from 3pm -11pm so usually don’t hunt in morning. Morning and mid-day activities such as fishing and checking crab pots. Fall hunts involve lots of hiking up timbered salmon streams with bears at close quarters (exciting for some people and frightening for others lol) but mostly sows and cubs. Boars usually come to fish just before dark and after dark.

ABC Islands luxury yacht with chef, private bathrooms = $35k -$45k. With combo hunts $50k. A waste of extra money in my opinion. Less about the quality of the trophy than other options. More emphasis than other options on wine and dine and the “scene.” Hunting and weather the same as above boat hunt.

I have guided them all.
Wow if you want a brown bear or moose this seems like an awesome deal and experience! However it does bring to my mind I am going to Zim to hunt Buff, elephant and bush buck complete with airfare for less telling me what an incredible value Africa is to the states where I live

Wow if you want a brown bear or moose this seems like an awesome deal and experience! However it does bring to my mind I am going to Zim to hunt Buff, elephant and bush buck complete with airfare for less telling me what an incredible value Africa is to the states where I live
Sounds like a great trip! Does that include trophy fees? Who is your outfitter? I hope you write up a report!

Sounds like a great trip! Does that include trophy fees? Who is your outfitter? I hope you write up a report!
It includes everything. Contact Phillip Glass if interested. This will be my third Safari. York & Charlton is the outfitter

Yi
You are hunting buff and ele for 30k or less airfare and charter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross