AHR "500 Jeffery"!!!

Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Greetings AH. There's been an AHR 500 for sale on GunBroker for some time ... it has a 0 bid history and continuously relisted at $5500. It appears to be a well built firearm, 22" weighs apx. 9lbs 11 oz. The listing is on consignment and the dealer is relatively close, as I plan to visit this Tuesday the 16th. I don't know much about AHR's reputation if anyone cares to elaborate. The correspondence is kinda shifty as I don't know if anyone has seen this listing??? Anyhow, any & all help greatly appreciated.

Thank You. Regards, Dan!

I have a 404 Jeffery from AHR and it's very nice....if it's as it came from them I would not hesitate in buying it

Had a look but couldn't find it....but was amazed at how many blaser R8 in 500 Jeffery on there....in both right and left hand configurations... and bolt heads and barrels....

Last edited:
ahr.jpg
I have a 404 Jeffery from AHR and it's very nice....if it's as it came from them I would not hesitate in buying it

Had a look but couldn't find it....but was amazed at how many blaser R8 in 500 Jeffery on there....in both right and left hand configurations... and bolt heads and barrels....

Thank You! .. I did see all the variations of R8's. This AHR is flawless on the exterior, it is used however, advertised slightly. I posted a picture of the bore on another thread, I was unsure if it was just not cleaned, or if there was an issue! .. to the contrary, no one here saw it as a threat. We'll see this week.

Last edited:

Spike .. again. they are selling this for someone on consignment as the store doesn't have much info but have accommodated as much as possible. Their is no paperwork or receipts from AHR with the sale of this. They are including some unused ammo & brass, how much idk. They weighed it at my request & it cam in apx. 9lbs 11oz's .. Does that sound accurate given a 22"???

Thank You!!!

Spike .. again. they are selling this for someone on consignment as the store doesn't have much info but have accommodated as much as possible. Their is no paperwork or receipts from AHR with the sale of this. They are including some unused ammo & brass, how much idk. They weighed it at my request & it cam in apx. 9lbs 11oz's .. Does that sound accurate given a 22"???

Thank You!!!

Sounds about right... my 500 Jeffery from the cz custom shop weighs bit less from memory but has a 20 inch barrel. I would have that one any day over the blaser things......:A Stirring:.....now I will wait.... :D

Looks like an AHR from the pics, Wayne does good work

Looks like an AHR from the pics, Wayne does good work

Thank You again, I did contact Wayne & was verified that this is his work. I will be headed down tomorrow to look at this in person "which is rare" from a classified. It's actually for my Ma who also collects the Lost or Limited Culture of Traditional Big Bores, there are some that are surfacing! I'm just curious if this is a reasonable price & pray there's no issues with this thing! Wayne posted this am. he will not be doing any gunsmithing due to a backlog of upcoming projects. Curious to see what he has to offer & have heard some great reviews regarding his work?!?

Wayne does great work and the CZ 550 is a great platform to build a 500 Jeffery on. I have one I bought from the CZ Custom Shop. Wayne performed his CZ #1 Upgrade on it it. I love the gun.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Wayne does great work and the CZ 550 is a great platform to build a 500 Jeffery on. I have one I bought from the CZ Custom Shop. Wayne performed his CZ #1 Upgrade on it it. I love the gun.

full
I saw this, it is Stunning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.