AH Special Hippo & Crocodile Hunt In Luangwa Valley Zambia

I am interested in this hunt for 2024

Last edited:
Is there buff in the area??

Is there buff in the area??
Yes off course we have buffalos at Mbizi... but if you want a buffalo / croc / hippo it will be a slightly different price, and I do recommend to booking a 10 days safari instead of 7 days so that we have time to focus on trophy quality.

Yes off course we have buffalos at Mbizi... but if you want a buffalo / croc / hippo it will be a slightly different price, and I do recommend to booking a 10 days safari instead of 7 days so that we have time to focus on trophy quality.
Are you in a tsetse fly area?

Are you in a tsetse fly area?
Yes we have tsetse flies, but we have a bucket with elephant dung on fire on the bakkie, they don't like that :)
For this hunting you will spend most of the time after the river, and it's not many tsetse flies there.

All the best,
Michael

Croc/Hippo with Lechwe ad on.
Is this totally free range hunt? How Lrg is each concession? Anyone else in camp? Photos of camps? Total number hunt days? Other animals available and trophy fees? Price consideration if going 2x2 (My Dad & I-40 safaris between us)? Adding extra days how much each per day? Do yo provide videographers for each of us or do we do that? Any charge per day for videographer in camp? Caliber rifles suggested doubles or bolt or both? Pricing if want to ad buff? Trophy quality on buff?

Many question, please drop us an email and I will be happy to send you answer on all those questions.

All the best,
Michael de Gré-Dejestam
Mbizi Safaris Ltd.

mbizi@varna.net

Yes we have tsetse flies, but we have a bucket with elephant dung on fire on the bakkie, they don't like that :)
For this hunting you will spend most of the time after the river, and it's not many tsetse flies there.

All the best,
Michael
Thanks for the answer. Yes in Tanzania the most valuable commodity quickly became elephant dung with After Bite lotion and benadryl secondary;) Rumor was that trackers may have been bribed to steal Elephant dung off other trucks during the night.....

I don't have a huge problem with tsetse flies as long as my wife is with. Because they love her! However my problem is she wants to hunt a huge croc, hippo and a buffalo in a wild area with no tsetse flies;)

First Hippo and Croc down a few days ago... by the way we spot a lot of nice crocs and decided to go for this one +14 ft...

IMG_6242.jpg

IMG_6282.jpg

Nice. Any croc 14’ or bigger is excellent. How did you take your hippo?

Nice. Any croc 14’ or bigger is excellent. How did you take your hippo?
Spotting and stalking, head shot 125 yards 375 H&H Swift A-Frame 300gr.

Interested in a father/son 2x1 hunt for 2024. Another friend is also considering coming along and doing a hunt with us 1x1. I’ve dropped you an email regarding it. Thanks!

I just did 2 weeks at Mbizi with my wife and adult daughters and all i can say is it is an incredible place. Michael offers a great wildlife experience coupled with wonderful accommodations, food and wine. In my 37 years of hunting the African Continent, Mbizi is in my Top Five places to hunt.

This hunt offer is a very reasonable cost, considering the level of service. So, if you don't have Hippo and Croc, book it now!

Totally agree

Looks like a great place and the pricing is very good.
I just did 2 weeks at Mbizi with my wife and adult daughters and all i can say is it is an incredible place. Michael offers a great wildlife experience coupled with wonderful accommodations, food and wine. In my 37 years of hunting the African Continent, Mbizi is in my Top Five places to hunt.

This hunt offer is a very reasonable cost, considering the level of service. So, if you don't have Hippo and Croc, book it now!
Top 5 after 37 years is a huge endorsement. Looks very good to me from this side of things. I will keep it on my short list.

Thank you JES !!
All the best,
Michael

Fantastic Chobe Bushbuck I took this morning at Mbizi Game Reserve, was trying with clients for 2 years to get him, but he always outsmarted us.. I spotted him early this morning and after a very careful stalk I can only say that I'm super happy and grateful but also with a bit of sadness that he is not around anymore... it's one of the highest scoring trophy Bushbucks ever taken at Mbizi.

IMG_7091.jpg

IMG_7151.jpg

IMG_7152.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg