After almost 3 years, it's time

I had Lauriston mount my 2018 animals, they turned out good except for a full body baboon was missing the prominent nasal ridges running down the muzzle. Other than that I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.
Who are you hunting with?
In one picture the mt reedbuck, common reedbuck, bushbuck, bushpig, impala and waterbuck were mounted by Lauriston.
The other picture the kudu, bush duiker and steenbok were mounted by them.
Awesome! Thank you for sharing, this helps a ton. This is exactly how I want my gemsbok, with a side turn, I'm thinking of putting him on a pedestal. We are hunting with Game 4 Africa in the Eastern Cape. On my list, kudu, gemsbok, and bushbuck. My wife's list, impala, springbok, and blesbuck. we will likely also go for a zebra, and possibly something extra like a management kudu or eland for the leather. I do leatherwork as a hobby and want to bring plenty back.
 
That’s where I hunted in the Eastern Cape, quality outfit and some of the best people you will ever meet.
Tell Wic that David and Charlotte from Alabama said hello!
 
I had Lauriston mount my 2018 animals, they turned out good except for a full body baboon was missing the prominent nasal ridges running down the muzzle. Other than that I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.
Who are you hunting with?
In one picture the mt reedbuck, common reedbuck, bushbuck, bushpig, impala and waterbuck were mounted by Lauriston.
The other picture the kudu, bush duiker and steenbok were mounted by them.
New to commenting on this forum, so not sure what the heck I did, but pretty sure I deleted what I typed, so this may be a duplicate...
Thank you for sharing this, it helps a ton. My wife and I are hunting with Game 4 Africa in the Eastern Cape. My list is kudu, gemsbuck, bushbuck, hers is impala, springbok, blesbok. Probably adding a zebra. I do leatherwork as a hobby, I will hopefully also take a management kudu or eland so I can have plenty of leather to work with.
 
That’s where I hunted in the Eastern Cape, quality outfit and some of the best people you will ever meet.
Tell Wic that David and Charlotte from Alabama said hello!
I sure will! All my communication has been with Wik, he told me Don will be our PH, so I reached out to him, he seems like a great guy as well.
 
Don wasn’t there when we hunted, Wik was our PH. If by chance you do hunt with Wik, if he says “let’s go for a little walk” he really doesn’t mean little!
 
Don wasn’t there when we hunted, Wik was our PH. If by chance you do hunt with Wik, if he says “let’s go for a little walk” he really doesn’t mean little!
Well noted, I’ll definitely remember that!
 
Just an update, all 4 of our crates are the logistics company in RSA. Now, Wyatt, is waiting for renewed export paperwork on 3 of them.

As folks said...nothing happens quick in Africa.
 
Truth! We hunted in Aug ‘24 and our crates finally cleared in Atlanta last week. This was for full taxidermy done in RSA.
 
Truth! We hunted in Aug ‘24 and our crates finally cleared in Atlanta last week. This was for full taxidermy done in RSA.

Lots of lessons from this trip. Once everything arrives, whenever that is, I will probably share my thoughts.

One right off the bat: Dip and pack for the future.
 
It’s definitely been a slog for you, glad there’s finally some light at the end of the tunnel.
 
It’s definitely been a slog for you, glad there’s finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

I appreciate it. Slog is a good word. I can truly say this has been an eye opening experience. We had the taxidermist for the outfitter claiming crates were with the logistics company, but were not. Then we had export paperwork expire. We also had peoples names incorrectly spelled.

Just last week, someone in our group got an email from the logistics company about a completely different third party's crate being ready for shipment.

It's been interesting, to say the least.
 
I appreciate it. Slog is a good word. I can truly say this has been an eye opening experience. We had the taxidermist for the outfitter claiming crates were with the logistics company, but were not. Then we had export paperwork expire. We also had peoples names incorrectly spelled.

Just last week, someone in our group got an email from the logistics company about a completely different third party's crate being ready for shipment.

It's been interesting, to say the least.
Glad they made it to the states! Good feeling.

Sounds like your outfitters recommended taxi and logistics folks are about as dumb as they get, Frustrating.

Some times outfitter recommendations need to be cast aside and you do your own due diligence.
 
Glad they made it to the states! Good feeling.

Sounds like your outfitters recommended taxi and logistics folks are about as dumb as they get, Frustrating.

Some times outfitter recommendations need to be cast aside and you do your own due diligence.

Lots of lessons were learned. This was our first trip to Africa. I am waiting to see what my mounts and work actually look like before I share my complete thoughts.

I agree with you, though. Knowing what we know now, I would have done things different in terms of who I chose to do the final work.
 
Any idea when you might have these mounts in your possession?
 
Man, that's a long time. Shouldn't take 10 days to clear.
 
Man, that's a long time. Shouldn't take 10 days to clear.

I can't comment because this is my first rodeo on this. But I will say that two of us have warthogs which I know require additional inspections.

Once again, I can't confirm, but I have heard the inspections/clearances have been running a little longer.

I'd love it to be shorter. However, after waiting 3 years, 2 months, and 7 days, another 10 days might as well be another 10 hours lol.
 
Ah ok, yeah, the Warthog will do it all the time.

That's true, another 10 days at this point shouldn't be a big deal. :ROFLMAO:

Please post pictures of the mounts. (y)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,966
Members
169,080
Latest member
Bianca76Y
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top