African shooting targets

Pilgrim

AH senior member
Reaction score
I've scoured the internet without success. I'm taking my two nieces hunting with our family this year, they are shooting Impala and Warthog among other possibilities. We've been shooting a few times so they can get better, it would be fun if I could find a bigger paper target of impala and warthog for them to shoot at for reasonably cheap. I thought it would be an easy find, it is in South Africa but they don't ship to the USA, and I can't find anybody who sells these in the states. There are fancy archery ones that are pricey, and I could have some printed at ridiculously high prices, just wondering if anybody knows of a good source?

Since these two took me 10 seconds to find it might not be what you are looking for, I would therefore like to suggest that you specify it more (perhaps its not possible/good enough to be adjusting the distance to simulate real size).

Attachments

• Safari Press Perfect Shot African Plains Game Target Warthog, Kudu,.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
I looked at both of those. The first appears to no longer be available, the second does not appear to have impala or warthog.

@Pilgrim - I'd highly recommend you get a couple copies of The Perfect Shot 2 Mini Edition for your nieces to study from.

Another resource is African Hunter Shot Placement Guide, but it's out of print. Shakari Connection (you need to go to their website) has files you can download for specific animals. Staples should be able to make them bigger and print on some larger sheets for you. Might be able to source the book from eBay or possibly a member here...?

@Pilgrim - I'd highly recommend you get a couple copies of The Perfect Shot 2 Mini Edition for your nieces to study from.

Another resource is African Hunter Shot Placement Guide, but it's out of print. Shakari Connection (you need to go to their website) has files you can download for specific animals. Staples should be able to make them bigger and print on some larger sheets for you. Might be able to source the book from eBay or possibly a member here...?
What BeeMaa said but the full size book is well worth the read. I have both the first and the full size 2 as well as the mini they are worth the $.

Deer & feral pig targets could be substituted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyH

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.