Reaction score
Website
bosssafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, United States, Wisconsin, Florida, South Dakota, Minnesota
Hi All,

I am Wayne Muller, PH and Outfitter from Boss Safaris and Outfitters. I am working on a fairly new concept in collaboration with one of the best Professional Hunting Schools in South Africa.

Apart from my professional career, I would have loved to do the Professional Hunters School for knowledge and experience, and now living in the US, I realise how beneficial this course could be for hunters alike.

I want to see how many people would be interested in a course like this. It will follow the same curriculum as the South African Professional Hunters requirements. The only difference is that you won’t necessarily qualify to be a Professional Hunter in South Africa as that would require the final written test, proctored by Nature Conservation, and citizenship or a work permit.

Again this is a new concept, and we still have a lot of details to work out, but is there anyone here that would be interested in a course like this?

Hi All,

I am Wayne Muller, PH and Outfitter from Boss Safaris and Outfitters. I am working on a fairly new concept in collaboration with one of the best Professional Hunting Schools in South Africa.

Apart from my professional career, I would have loved to do the Professional Hunters School for knowledge and experience, and now living in the US, I realise how beneficial this course could be for hunters alike.

I want to see how many people would be interested in a course like this. It will follow the same curriculum as the South African Professional Hunters requirements. The only difference is that you won’t necessarily qualify to be a Professional Hunter in South Africa as that would require the final written test, proctored by Nature Conservation, and citizenship or a work permit.

Again this is a new concept, and we still have a lot of details to work out, but is there anyone here that would be interested in a course like this?
It would be interesting to know the details!

Good information is always of potential interest.

If everyone just wants to DM me their numbers or email, whatever will work best, then I will contact everyone with the information when it’s final, or I could post it on here too. What ever everyone prefers. I know we are looking about having around 10 spots and if all goes well, we would like to do it on an annual basis. Again, as soon as I have all the logistics figured out, I will be in touch with this regard.

Thats a great idea, I have often thought of something similar at my place. Where in the US are you located?

I live in Wisconsin, but we are scouting places to host the course. Possibly thinking Texas because of the similarity to South Africa and many South African species can be found there too.

I live in Wisconsin, but we are scouting places to host the course. Possibly thinking Texas because of the similarity to South Africa and many South African species can be found there too.
I may be able to help you if you'd like. I'm in Texas, have an incredible lodge, over 3000 acres, and a portion on the ranch is under high fence with exotics. PM if interested.

I would be interested as well. I will be sending you a PM this evening.

If everyone just wants to DM me their numbers or email, whatever will work best, then I will contact everyone with the information when it’s final, or I could post it on here too. What ever everyone prefers. I know we are looking about having around 10 spots and if all goes well, we would like to do it on an annual basis. Again, as soon as I have all the logistics figured out, I will be in touch with this regard.
Will be sending PM

I may be able to help you if you'd like. I'm in Texas, have an incredible lodge, over 3000 acres, and a portion on the ranch is under high fence with exotics. PM if interested.
I know I would fly in and take the course in the US!!!

WAiting on some details. Wks

I am interested. And I believe the Rockin G would be a great place to have it.

I truly enjoyed the challenge of the PH course I took in RSA. Most hunters spend less time hunting in RSA than you would spend in the classroom. It is well worth your time to learn this material and have the experience.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I want to see how many people would be interested in a course like this. It will follow the same curriculum as the South African Professional Hunters requirements.
I would be interested - with comment, I am not residdent in US. But in the same time, I am sure I am not the only one.

Could you give bullet points of what South African PH curriculum covers?

I think that's a good project too, although for me it is hardly an option because of my age and moreover I live in Europe.

I wish you good luck with your project.

Very interesting to hear more. Just like @mark-hunter I am not in the US. But I could do a short three-five day stay in SA easily.

PM inbound

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henryedulk

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.