AfricaHunting.com to be updated

So far so good! My only complaint is there aren’t any new hunt reports! Ugh!...that darn COVID-19! It’s going to be a slow season!

So far so good! My only complaint is there aren’t any new hunt reports! Ugh!...that darn COVID-19! It’s going to be a slow season!
Wanted to let everyone know that @Ridgewalker contacted me privately about hunt reports from outside of Africa showing, it pushed me to figure out how we could do it and we found a solution. Every hunt report will now show which I'm very happy about because members take so much time to share them with all of us! Thanks again @Ridgewalker.

Thank you Jerome for all the work you do with AfricaHunting.com not only with the update, but ongoing support! I have enjoyed it immensely!
Stay safe and healthy!

Done! (y) It's now named Media and it can be found under member's avatar next to their forum posts as well as on the window that opens up when you hover your mouse over a member's avatar.

OK. Yes, I see it. But there does not seem to be a mechanism to select one to display in a post like it was in the previous iteration of the web site. If I click on the "media" it actually takes me away from my post to bring up the images. If I right click to get a link on an image and use the image link on the post (after using the back button on the browser several times to get to the post in progress) that link does not work (get an error message). There does not seem to be a simple way to post/link a previously uploaded image.

Am I missing something?

OK. Yes, I see it. But there does not seem to be a mechanism to select one to display in a post like it was in the previous iteration of the web site. If I click on the "media" it actually takes me away from my post to bring up the images. If I right click to get a link on an image and use the image link on the post (after using the back button on the browser several times to get to the post in progress) that link does not work (get an error message). There does not seem to be a simple way to post/link a previously uploaded image.

Am I missing something?
The layout is a bit different from what we had before, you will find the codes for the images or videos by scrolling down from the image/video. See below screenshot of a picture page showing the codes that can be copied and inserted into a post. The red arrow shows the location of the codes, the code that most members will use for their posts is: Copy image BB code.

Screenshot from this image https://www.africahunting.com/media/hunting-rifle.102350/.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.12.57 AM.jpg

As long as my drinking smileys dont vanish like they did one time....:(...:D Barman::D Beer Bottle::D Beers::D Beer Draft::D Booze::D Cheers::D Cool Drink::D Drunk::A Banana::D

Hi @AfricaHunting.com jerome any chance of putting the smiley icon back instead of having to click on different little dots options to finally get correct option....thought they had vanished till I asked someone...just seems some bits are getting more complicated....

Hi Mike! I'm afraid that it will have to be a two step process now. :E Crazy:

@AfricaHunting.com

Used to when you put someone on the ignire list it would also hide a thread that was started by the ignored. This was especially helpful with removing spammers before you or Wayne got to them.

Now, the thread stays and clutters things up.

Something to consider for future updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross