Africa 2023

Hello, @Bentley88 - welcome to AH. Could you describe where you are going, what you're after, what kind of experience you're looking for? You'll get TONS of great advice on this site--by far the best hunting site on the Web.
Hi, thanks for the reply.. We found an advert on a uk deer stalking page offering a 6 species package on Limpopo river. We wanted to try something different so we decided to book the trip.. we all come form gamekeeping/hunting background.. As none of us have hunted out of Europe it’s all new to us we just want to make sure we’re going about it the right way.

Thanks for all the welcoming reply’s.. like I said this is all a bit new to us. As a group we have a lot of experience here in the uk... 4 of the group being professional gamekeepers and all of us from a hunting background. We found an advert online offering a 6 species package on the Limpopo river.. we decided to go ahead and book the trip for next year. For peace of mind I wanted to make sure we’re going about it the right way.. this site caught my eye.

Thanks for all the welcoming reply’s.. like I said this is all a bit new to us. As a group we have a lot of experience here in the uk... 4 of the group being professional gamekeepers and all of us from a hunting background. We found an advert online offering a 6 species package on the Limpopo river.. we decided to go ahead and book the trip for next year. For peace of mind I wanted to make sure we’re going about it the right way.. this site caught my eye

Welcome!

Tell us where you are hunting and we can give advice, based on the county.

In my opinion, it's easier if you start in South Africa. If you have started somewhere else, it's not usually a big deal, just a little more complicated.
We found a six species package on Limpopo river. We booked a trip for March 2023 through Brinken O’Kelly safaris.

Sounds like you allready booked so where are you going and with whom?

There is a very wide variety of experiences available. Do you know the first time I went to Africa, talking to people about it, too many thought that Africa was one country. And we wonder how we end up in such terrible predicaments such as the political situation in America....

You can go to such wild and remote places that you are hours from the nearest, well anything! Those Outfitters, such as in Tanzania but also elsewhere, must have everything they might need or a plan to make do without. Which is why the day fees can run $1000 or more. You can hunt concessions that are hundreds of thousands of acres, even a million or more. In fact most of those outfits cannot hunt all of their area so there are huge sanctuaries for the animals.

Then you can hunt high fence areas such as in South Africa that may only be 1000 acres and they ask what animals you want and go buy them and have them delivered before your arrival. In fact you can find reviews on this site where the trailers are unloading at night during the hunt. No animals one day, lots the next!

And where most fall is someplace in between. One thing is thankfully pretty universal.... the vast majority of clients come away happy and wanting to go back!
Thank you for taking the time to reply..

we found an advert on a uk deer stalking page offering a 6 species package on the Limpopo river. We booked a 6day trip through Brinken o’kelly safaris for March 2023.

Evening guys, I’m from the uk and new to this site. Me and my friends have just booked our first hunting trip to Africa. We’re all experienced guns but none of us have ever hunted out of Europe!. Just trying to find out as much information on how things work over there and things to look out for.

Welcome to AH!

Thank you for taking the time to reply..

we found an advert on a uk deer stalking page offering a 6 species package on the Limpopo river. We booked a 6day trip through Brinken o’kelly safaris for March 2023.
I took a look through their website and must say it looks like a great operation with many large concessions. It sure looks like you should have a truly fantastic trip:)

Bently88, welcome to the AH forum! You and your buddies are going to have a grand Africa adventure I’m certain! Enjoy the planning!

Welcome to AH Bentley88!

Welcome aboard Bentley88. Our first African hunt was along the Limpopo River as well. It was a 10-day six species hunt. Unless you are very particular you will most likely take all of your package animals with time to spare. Make sure you are prepared "financially" to take additional animals. Hunting Africa is like nothing you've ever done before. Will you be using your own rifles or renting? I prefer taking my own. If you take your own, use Rifle Permits to assist you in getting all of the paperwork done properly so there is no trouble with SAPS over the temporary importation. Ammo is very expensive so bring it with you. P.S. there is room for all of your buddies to Join AH as well. Planning your trip is a lot of fun and AH is full of resources.

Evening guys, I’m from the uk and new to this site. Me and my friends have just booked our first hunting trip to Africa. We’re all experienced guns but none of us have ever hunted out of Europe!. Just trying to find out as much information on how things work over there and things to look out for.
You are in the right place. Best hunting site there is, especially about anything Africa. Welcome to the addiction!

P.S. there is room for all of your buddies to Join AH as well. Planning your trip is a lot of fun and AH is full of resources.
This! ;)

Welcome to AH. Congrats on your upcoming safari! Planning is half the fun! Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Welcome to AH and the posting side! Congrats on your trip and have fun!
Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

I would like to hunt again in Namibia before I am too old (I will be 80 in August).
Can anybody tell me what is the Covid situation in that land?

Sorry, I realise I posted my message in the wrong section.
A warm welcome to the newly arrived and apologies for the mistake

:S Welcome:

Welcome aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindi9161

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.