Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
I love warthogs and they are so fun to work on.
EB8467C7-3323-4DE7-B48A-9E114079EA7A.jpeg
9E824ABF-FD25-41A3-90DE-7C2CCBF8F637.jpeg
E400A075-C5AF-4851-9FF3-0D1A14853794.jpeg

Love it, can't wait to see how mine is going to look. :)

Nice contrast of color as naturally occurs. I always think a warthog should look like it just rolled out of bed. They are real characters.

Put it in the window on Haloween. Kids won't bother your place for candy!

I like the dirty tusk look. Very authentic.

Very nice

VERY NICE mount . . . and of a species that many taxidermists get . . . uhh . . . "less than right". The front face and the rear face of a warthog's tusks are different and as the photo was loading, I was already keen to see if the tusks were correct and they are. I've seen numerous mounts even by "museum quality, award winning taxidermists" where the tusks were in backwards (the LH tusk on the right side, and the RH tusk on the left side). You've also positioned the tusks correctly and not pulled then way out in an attempt to exaggerate their size.

It would be difficult to find a better warthog mount!

VERY NICE mount . . . and of a species that many taxidermists get . . . uhh . . . "less than right". The front face and the rear face of a warthog's tusks are different and as the photo was loading, I was already keen to see if the tusks were correct and they are. I've seen numerous mounts even by "museum quality, award winning taxidermists" where the tusks were in backwards (the LH tusk on the right side, and the RH tusk on the left side). You've also positioned the tusks correctly and not pulled then way out in an attempt to exaggerate their size.

It would be difficult to find a better warthog mount!
Thank you very much and I completely agree with what you are saying. Warthogs for whatever reason give a lot of people trouble. It's about studying reference photos and attention to detail.

I'm with you Gizmo, I also love working on them. Look, smell and feel different, mounting seams easier. Can hide all the issues better. As a Canadian, we do not do many swine, don't have the issue you guys do. Something about mnts and snow.

More great mount pics.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greattemple

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.