www.gohuntingandfishing.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Australia ( Northern Territory), New Zealand ( both the North and South Island), Namibia, RSA, England, Scotland, Argentina, Canada (Northwest Territories, Quebec, Alberta, Ontario), United States (WA,WI, AR,AZ,CO,NM,WY,NE,TX,OK,KS,SD,LA,MO,IA,IN,IL,KY,MI,OH,PA,NY,MD,NC,FL,AK)
Ladies/Gentlemen,

I would like to remind those willing to travel to Colorado for an archery elk hunt...

I have a group of archers, brothers of the bow, hunting elk from September 15th through the 23rd (hopefully prime rut). We are establishing a tent camp in an over-the-counter area. Therefore, licenses can be purchased when you get here. This is essentially a do it yourself hunt with a finger point and shared information tossed in here and there. No guarantees-other than you will have an incredible experience! You will have to purchase your elk tag ($550 +$10 habitat stamp), get here, and provide a small amount for food and gas ( $100). My camp sleeps 27. We have approximately 20 people committed at this point The area we hunt is enormous-in the Holy Cross Wilderness Area! You won't see another hunter other than the partner with whom you will hunt.This shindig is truly an international affair with hunters coming in from England, New Zealand, Australia, and various parts of the States. It would be nice to have an African or two!

What say you? Are you up for an inexpensive elk hunt loaded with universal potential?

I am sure you will have a great time! :)

Unfortunately I can't make it this year.

Looking forward to a report of it all :)

Sounds fun, if I wasn't already holding an archery elk tag in Arizona at that time I'd be inclined to give it a go. Hope everyone has a fun and safe hunt though!

Sounds interesting.
Sorry I can't this year.

Thanks for the offer.

iamyourhuckleberry,

What a great offer. That would be fun.
Already have our hunts planned for this year.
Hope you have a great hunt.

Let us know how it goes.

All went well...

We had twenty three hunters in camp, and everyone got into elk ( except me, I was busy doing chores and making sure people were happy). We had six or seven very close encounters...elk within twenty yards or less. Elk are just tough to kill with a bow! We had three missed shots and four times they were right there! One hunter was kneeling in a small clearing when seven elk split his position. The herd bull, a 6x6, walked by the hunter at 18 yards. He froze! I asked him why he didn't pull his bow. He replied, "I was afraid the elk would get away." I said, "Waid, the elk did get away!" We had a good laugh. In the end, one small bull calf was packed off the mountain. Four out of the five mule deer tags in camp were filled. No bears although three were sighted. Great enduring friendship were made...we'll all be back when I do this again in 2014.

Sounds like the weather was good and your group saw elk, that is always nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88ak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,