Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 10.21.03 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, but far too many pop ups.

The Rift Valley has been known for many years.

These changes take a long time.

Reactions: RLL
Continental drift is the cause and I think it’s fascinating. I believe the same thing is happening in California along the San Andreas fault, but not as far along as the Rift Valley.

Maybe there’s a way to make some money with this. Let’s get a handful of crack geologists to write a paper proposing that human activity is accelerating continental drift. It shouldn’t be difficult to find some teenage girl to shriek that it’s the end of the world. Then get some nuts to throw soup on the Mona Lisa in protest. All the while we rake in huge donations from Zuckerberg, Gates, Bezos and crew.

Continental drift is the cause and I think it’s fascinating. I believe the same thing is happening in California along the San Andreas fault, but not as far along as the Rift Valley.

Maybe there’s a way to make some money with this. Let’s get a handful of crack geologists to write a paper proposing that human activity is accelerating continental drift. It shouldn’t be difficult to find some teenage girl to shriek that it’s the end of the world. Then get some nuts to throw soup on the Mona Lisa in protest. All the while we rake in huge donations from Zuckerberg, Gates, Bezos and crew.

Wait til the greenies and woke freaks get ahold of this. It will be global warming, climate change, carbon footprint, ad nauseum and most of all--IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT!!!

Is 60 million years too early to buy some nice ocean front property on the rift escarpment.;)

The rift goes all the way to Israel

It would be interesting to see the changes if the remaining 20m barrier somehow broke, and there was a sudden influx of water in a traditionally arid region.

It would be interesting to see the changes if the remaining 20m barrier somehow broke, and there was a sudden influx of water in a traditionally arid region.

Was thinking the same ....some explosives...just as an experiment of course.... :A Banana: :E Shrug: ....but being salt water not much difference....unless it influenced rainfall.....

Was thinking the same ....some explosives...just as an experiment of course.... :A Banana: :E Shrug: ....but being salt water not much difference....unless it influenced rainfall.....
The added moisture would potentially change an arid ecosystem into something lush. I’m sure there are plenty of factors to consider like prevailing winds and such, but it would be interesting to see the results.

As a practicing geologist, I would say plate tectonics has taken the place of continental drift as a theory.

The rift valley in East Africa is purely extensional, and if it does not fail in a few million years, will become a separate micro continent. Hey, more places to hunt if they don’t go the way of Madagascar legally…

Californias San Andreas is a strike slip/translational fault system, moving north/north west. LA will end up by San Fransico or Seattle in another 60 million years and hunting or firearms regulations will not be any more liberal.

Just thought I’d clear that up. Either way, some errant geo will write a paper how humans have influenced the inevitable…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheliaBelc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross