Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State, Mpumalanga)
The Rift Valley has been known for many years.

These changes take a long time.

Reactions: RLL

Doug3006

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia, Zimbabwe
Continental drift is the cause and I think it’s fascinating. I believe the same thing is happening in California along the San Andreas fault, but not as far along as the Rift Valley.

Maybe there’s a way to make some money with this. Let’s get a handful of crack geologists to write a paper proposing that human activity is accelerating continental drift. It shouldn’t be difficult to find some teenage girl to shriek that it’s the end of the world. Then get some nuts to throw soup on the Mona Lisa in protest. All the while we rake in huge donations from Zuckerberg, Gates, Bezos and crew.

Newboomer

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
Continental drift is the cause and I think it’s fascinating. I believe the same thing is happening in California along the San Andreas fault, but not as far along as the Rift Valley.

Maybe there’s a way to make some money with this. Let’s get a handful of crack geologists to write a paper proposing that human activity is accelerating continental drift. It shouldn’t be difficult to find some teenage girl to shriek that it’s the end of the world. Then get some nuts to throw soup on the Mona Lisa in protest. All the while we rake in huge donations from Zuckerberg, Gates, Bezos and crew.

Wait til the greenies and woke freaks get ahold of this. It will be global warming, climate change, carbon footprint, ad nauseum and most of all--IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT!!!

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Is 60 million years too early to buy some nice ocean front property on the rift escarpment.;)

steve white

AH elite
Reaction score
Articles
Member of
dallas safari club, mannlicher collectors assoc., era
Hunted
Cape buffalo, plains game
The rift goes all the way to Israel

Aaron N

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
It would be interesting to see the changes if the remaining 20m barrier somehow broke, and there was a sudden influx of water in a traditionally arid region.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
It would be interesting to see the changes if the remaining 20m barrier somehow broke, and there was a sudden influx of water in a traditionally arid region.

Was thinking the same ....some explosives...just as an experiment of course.... :A Banana: :E Shrug: ....but being salt water not much difference....unless it influenced rainfall.....

Aaron N

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
Was thinking the same ....some explosives...just as an experiment of course.... :A Banana: :E Shrug: ....but being salt water not much difference....unless it influenced rainfall.....
The added moisture would potentially change an arid ecosystem into something lush. I’m sure there are plenty of factors to consider like prevailing winds and such, but it would be interesting to see the results.

RLL

Gold supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media

As a practicing geologist, I would say plate tectonics has taken the place of continental drift as a theory.

The rift valley in East Africa is purely extensional, and if it does not fail in a few million years, will become a separate micro continent. Hey, more places to hunt if they don’t go the way of Madagascar legally…

Californias San Andreas is a strike slip/translational fault system, moving north/north west. LA will end up by San Fransico or Seattle in another 60 million years and hunting or firearms regulations will not be any more liberal.

Just thought I’d clear that up. Either way, some errant geo will write a paper how humans have influenced the inevitable…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildmantn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Inline6 wrote on Chris Sells's profile.
PM me when you get a chance, have a few questions for you.
steve white wrote on Pheroze's profile.
Pheroze: I was intrigued by the blog on 400, 465 H&H in which you stated you were having a rifle reamed out to accomodate the larger bore. Who is doing the work for you, do they then provide cut rifling or buttoned. Will a 375 H&H rechamber to the 400 H&H. Is there much ballistic difference between it and the 404/375
My Most beautiful Trophy

IMG_20230125_071102_530.jpg
Bush Duiker shot in the free state just shy of 6 inch

1674577328003.jpg
DonT wrote on OLB's profile.
Just checking to see if you got the second package of shells I sent you?
Don