A custom rifle from Denmark

Joined
Mar 16, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Here's a one-off 9.3x62mm big game hunting rifle that we've build for a left-handed customer. As this is our first post, I'll start off with a short introduction. We're a small manufacturer based in Denmark. Our mission is to build rifles with unparalleled precision, complete in a beautiful and high quality package. Everything is hand made and she'll do 0.5" groups.

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy the pictures.

8557375986_451f6eae4d_z.jpg


8556266421_33e90f3bab_z.jpg


8556266381_33bd47ebfb_z.jpg


8557376098_4a4ac59e93_z.jpg


8556266243_e873ef062f_z.jpg


8557375926_64e2faec34_z.jpg


8557375944_0b55468bf8_z.jpg


8557375802_384e260457_z.jpg


8557375508_42b1cecfa6_z.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 8556266243_e873ef062f_z.jpg
    8556266243_e873ef062f_z.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 387
  • 8556266381_33bd47ebfb_z.jpg
    8556266381_33bd47ebfb_z.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 295
  • 8556266421_33e90f3bab_z.jpg
    8556266421_33e90f3bab_z.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 374
  • 8557375508_42b1cecfa6_z.jpg
    8557375508_42b1cecfa6_z.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 346
  • 8557375802_384e260457_z.jpg
    8557375802_384e260457_z.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 365
  • 8557375926_64e2faec34_z.jpg
    8557375926_64e2faec34_z.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 341
  • 8557375944_0b55468bf8_z.jpg
    8557375944_0b55468bf8_z.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 8557375986_451f6eae4d_z.jpg
    8557375986_451f6eae4d_z.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 393
  • 8557376098_4a4ac59e93_z.jpg
    8557376098_4a4ac59e93_z.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 360
Welcome to AH Forums. The rifle is absolutely beautiful, being a lefty myself makes it all the more appealing.
Did you do the stock work as well as metal work on this rifle?
Both look fantastic.
I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
 
Well first of all welcome to AH! Second, that is a beautiful rifle!
 
Welcome to AH! The man getting that rifle is one lucky dude that thing is Beautiful always loved the look of a mannlicher stock.
If you have a weblink share that with us as well.
 
Welcome to AH Forums. The rifle is absolutely beautiful, being a lefty myself makes it all the more appealing.
Did you do the stock work as well as metal work on this rifle?
Both look fantastic.
I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Thank you Tim. All the metal and stock work on this one is done by us, though the engraving is done by an artist in England and the obvious things like the rings, optics etc. are sourced elsewhere.
Interesting story, our rifling bench is a 117 year old Pratt & Whitney because we insist on doing the rifling the old fashioned way by cutting to gain ultimate precision.

299897_474540619251881_1003922732_n.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 299897_474540619251881_1003922732_n.jpg
    299897_474540619251881_1003922732_n.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 319
An incredible decelerator system in that butt stock. I have never seen that kind of storage design. Creative.

Gorgeous finishes all the way round.

Here I was hoping someone had foregone a deposit....
 
I am not a big fan of full stocked rifles, but the work sure looks of capital quality. That kind of quality comes at a price though, likely more for the very well heeled sportsman. Tap should have a look at this!:rolleyes:
 
Very nice gun. I'm a big fan of the cartidge trap, and love the look of the Mannlicher stock. Nice job!!
 
WOW! Stunning work! Cut your own barrels too, wow again. Do you find any problems with point of impact changing with a warming barrel with the full stock as opposed to rifles you may make with normal length stocks? If not, how do you control it? I'm just an amateur gunsmith doing my own rifles only but I have fun at it anyway.
Welcome and it's great to have you on board. Please comment often.
PS: I don't suppose you'd share your stock finishing method with us would you? :-)
 
J R C

Welcome to AH

While your rifle is top of the line, and few on here may be able to afford. The workmanship and woodwork are second to none that i have found. Your rifle is outstanding if i must say so.


The caliber selection in my opinion for your rifles is very limited.

Having read your web before plus having it bookmarked. I like looking at your rifle.

A few questions for you.

Accuracy, i have not found what your rifles performance will do.

It appears that many of your rifles are purchased by individuals who make them wall hangers.

I know, i would have a difficult time traveling with JRC rifle when they hit a certain bench mark.
 
He did state on his OP that the rifle pictured is good for half inch groups.
 
I've always coveted a well made mannlicher and this is one of the best I've "seen".

I love they way a full-wood feels in the hands and handles when in use.
It's hard to explain how well they point and swing when stocked correctly, and this one looks as though it is stocked correctly.

Great straight lines to the stock and well shaped through the main barrel channel.

From the pictures you have provided the quality of workmanship looks to be of a very high standard.

From a practicle hunting prespective I think I'd rather have me spare cartridges in an ammo holder rather than contained inside the stock, but that's my personal taste as oposed to any critisism of the build.

What length is the barrel ?

Congrats on what appears to be a very high standard of workmanship.

Paul.
 
For a rifle that runs around 50K USD.

all I wanted to know about the accuracy was the 1/2 inch groups, is that for 10 - 25 - 50 - 75 or 100 meters.



He did state on his OP that the rifle pictured is good for half inch groups.
 
An incredible decelerator system in that butt stock. I have never seen that kind of storage design. Creative.

Gorgeous finishes all the way round.

Here I was hoping someone had foregone a deposit....

The storage unit in the butt stock is fairly common in europe and can be found in a lot of higher quality drillings another thing I like about this rifle.
 
Beautiful rifle, with accuracy and looks that good, can't beat that. Welcome to the forum.:welcome:
 
Welcome to the forum.

Nice looking rifle, but 50K USD bouncing in a bakkie ???
 
Welcome to the forum
The Jensen rifles are very good looking and of great quality, but sadly I will never have the money to buy one.
All I can do, is to look at them and drool.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,660
Members
169,803
Latest member
inohuscomm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top