9.5 x56 mannlicher

ducmarc

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
259
Reaction score
587
Picked another old goody 1910 mannlicher schoenauer in 9.5x56.it had set in a basement for 30yrs anyway it's off getting professionally restored.anyone reload for that caliber.dies seem an issue what I've read 06 cases can be sized and shortened.kynock seems the only ammo out there.
 
Nice pick up, I have been after one for a while, got 5-6 1900/1903 in 6.5x54 cool old rifles.

Some before pictures would of been nice & later the rifle cleaned up maybe ?

There is a chap who is all over every forum when any MS is mentioned & I'm sure he will show up here shortly to give his info on the 1910 that he has .

Good luck with yours !
 
You might be able to use 8x57 necked up. Maybe have to trim a bit. I haven't looked up the dimensions, could be worth a look.
 
Reed's makes good stuff, formed from 9.3X57 Norma brass that is first drawn straight, then sized.

I have made 9.5X57 (.375 Nirto Express Rimless) from .35 Whelen brass sized with a single pass through RCBS dies, then trimmed to proper length.

Details may be found here: MS

MS 9.5X57 Reeds, Mine, DWM531, Mine Fired.jpg

Reeds 9.5X57 (as described above), My old handload from RP .35 Whelen (as described above), original (1926 coded) DWM531, Fired case my .35 Whelen handload.

New brass from Quality Cartridge (Qual-Cart) may be found from time to time. Watch Grafs, Midway, ... .

MS Qual Cart 9,5x57 M-S Head.jpg


These fit and feed well; good luck finding them (buy when you can):

MS Hornady 3715 02.jpg


Make them to these precise specifications (including bullet shape / profile) and they'll feed like greased snot on butter through Otto Schoenauer's marvelous rotary magazine. Any variance from overall length or projectile shape will likely cause jams:

MS Eley Drawing 9.5X57.jpg
 
Picked another old goody 1910 mannlicher schoenauer in 9.5x56.it had set in a basement for 30yrs anyway it's off getting professionally restored.anyone reload for that caliber.dies seem an issue what I've read 06 cases can be sized and shortened.kynock seems the only ammo out there.
Picture is mandatory!

HWL
 
Nice pick up, I have been after one for a while, got 5-6 1900/1903 in 6.5x54 cool old rifles.

Some before pictures would of been nice & later the rifle cleaned up maybe ?

There is a chap who is all over every forum when any MS is mentioned & I'm sure he will show up here shortly to give his info on the 1910 that he has .

Good luck with yours !
I know where there’s one for sale :P
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,570,675
Members
168,941
Latest member
BruceDahle
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top