9.3x63 powders

Jamie D Van Roekel

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
398
Reaction score
550
Media
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
I am looking to reload some 9.3x63s with 250 and 286 Aframe. I can’t find any cfe 223. Are any of the Vihtavuori powders similar to cfe 223. Or do you have any other good ideas for powder. Looking to try to get a little extra velocity for a combination buff plains game hunt. Thanks
 
I’m using RL-17 and 250 grain accubond In my 9.3x62. Super accurate at 2560 fps. i know I could get more velocity out of it, but its very accurate and I think 2560 is sufficient.
 
Several more on this forum also like RL-17 for the 9.3x62, myself included. Limited experience personally, but it appears to work well with the heavier bullets as well.
 
I am looking to reload some 9.3x63s with 250 and 286 Aframe. I can’t find any cfe 223. Are any of the Vihtavuori powders similar to cfe 223. Or do you have any other good ideas for powder. Looking to try to get a little extra velocity for a combination buff plains game hunt. Thanks

I was I bit tired when I wrote this twice I wrote 9.3x63. Lol guess it is between 9.3x62 and 9.3x64. I’m sure everyone gets my intent was 9.3x62.
 
I’ve had good success with Varget and 250-grain bullets. I would recommend RL-15 and Big Game for 286-grain bullets.
 
I use Big Game with286gr north forks. It’s an awesome powder. I get easy 2500+ out of my 25” barrel.
 
I use RL17 in 250, 286, and 300gr bullets. Use big game with the 320 Woodleighs.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.13.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.13.53 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.13.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.13.55 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.13.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.13.56 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.13.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.13.58 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.14.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.14.00 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.14.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.14.02 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 111

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,570,146
Members
168,850
Latest member
ConsueloCl
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top