9.3x62 dies

What crimp die,I don't crimp most rounds I load but with the recoil I will these. Lee fcd is probably the cheapest.
I have a Lee Factory Crimp die as well but rarely use it. You can adjust the seating die to crimp as well, if needed.

I use Hornady dies for the 9.3X62 and just roll crimp them with the seating die, never had a projectile move in a case under recoil.

I use redding FL die set and a lee crimp die also. The Redding seater is way easier to adjust than the ones that require a wrench to loosen but at top. Having said that I also have a set of RCBS FL dies, that came with gun when I bought it. I used those to do my first few loads as I waited on the Redding dies to arrive. They did fine, just prefer Redding way more. I have several different bullets, so easy adjustment is great. Redding also tends to not rust. The RCBS FL die also has a tapered expander in it in case you want to neck up 30-06 or something. I haven’t had issues finding 9.3x62 brass, but if you did that is a very handy thing to have. You would have to ordered a tapered expander from Redding to do the same thing. Reddings expander tends to have a longer taper so it’s an easier expansion if that makes sense. If you would like I could show you pics of what I am talking about. Either one shot the same accuracy wise, I didn’t load the same load side by side to see any difference

I use redding FL die set and a lee crimp die also. The Redding seater is way easier to adjust than the ones that require a wrench to loosen but at top. Having said that I also have a set of RCBS FL dies, that came with gun when I bought it. I used those to do my first few loads as I waited on the Redding dies to arrive. They did fine, just prefer Redding way more. I have several different bullets, so easy adjustment is great. Redding also tends to not rust. The RCBS FL die also has a tapered expander in it in case you want to neck up 30-06 or something. I haven’t had issues finding 9.3x62 brass, but if you did that is a very handy thing to have. You would have to ordered a tapered expander from Redding to do the same thing. Reddings expander tends to have a longer taper so it’s an easier expansion if that makes sense. If you would like I could show you pics of what I am talking about. Either one shot the same accuracy wise, I didn’t load the same load side by side to see any difference
No need for pics for me I understand, thanks for the info tho. PPU brass is probably all that I can afford
, I may make some out of 06. Have 50 or so lake city military 06 i was thinking of using but if there only going to last a few reloads I'd rather not waste them. I've got a few hundred once fired Remington 06 I could use but rem tend to be the thinnest 06 brass at the web so they feed in there autoloaders and pumps.

You could try 20 or so of the RP and see how they do. The only Prvi brass I’ve used was 375HH. It must be thicker as the loads from Hornady book were very hot. I ended up reducing load by a lot

You could try 20 or so of the RP and see how they do. The only Prvi brass I’ve used was 375HH. It must be thicker as the loads from Hornady book were very hot. I ended up reducing load by a lot
All the ppu I've us3d maybe a dozen cartridges were on the higher side of case capacity. Example 7x57 Remington brass case full of say 4350 to the top of the neck in a ppu case the powders almost down to the shoulder. I'm worried about outside diameter not much on case volume, the 9.3x62 is a fatter case then 3006 and of the 3006 brass Remington is the thinnest base diameter.

Yes, I wouldn’t bother forming brass. There are multiple places online with it in stock right now. PPU will get the job done!

I have RCBS plus a LFCD.

Nosler is in stock right now at midway midsouth and I saw another place somewhere today, but it’s price is very very high

The use of 30-06 brass to form 9.3x62 cases gives you a bulge on the side of he head that is squeezed closed with every reloading and brass life is limited and it can be dangerous. This issure is explained in Pierre van der Walts, African Dangerous GAme Cartridges a worthwhile book loaded with load information and caliber info, or shall we say the hunters bible.

As to dies I like RCBS and Redding on any caliber..I also have an old taper crimp die for the 9,3x62 make unknown but it sure works, however if needed a careful turning of a small amount of metal off the expander ball willl give you a slightly snug bullet fit that works as well as anytning. Its normally not a problem with good set of dies.

Redding and RCBS have worked for me, mostly RCBS due to cost.

Lee Dies and Lee crimp die. The only new brass I could buy was PPU. The Lee shell holder with PPU brass was not a great combination, had many cases that were very difficult to get into the Lee shell holder.

Will hopefully get my hands on some other brand of brass to try.

Overall I'm very happy with the 9.3 x 62 caliber to shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanaBirre

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.