9.3 S.A. Wildcat

That would be a sweet cartridge in a ruger no 1, what twist barrel would you suggest for it?
According to Berger, a 14" twist is plenty, even for the very long 320 gr Woodleigh PPSN and the 325 gr Norma Oryx. https://bergerbullets.com/twist-rate-calculator/

Somebody here at AH (can't remember who) has a 9.3x62 with a 12 twist and gets better velocity than the standard 14, or at least better velocity than I'm getting.

And honestly, for a canon like this 9.3 is, the only other bullet I'd use is 300 gr A Frame. Not because I don't think the lighter bullets can take it, but because IMO, heavier is better in most circumstances. If you could push a 300/320/325 gr bullet at 2600+, then why not do it?

Last edited:
Nosler Partition 286 gr: BC .482
FWIW, I was going through my Woodleigh manual this morning, totally forgot they make (made?) a 320 gr PPSN, BC checks in at .457.

At 2600 fps and a 200 yard zero, that only puts you about 9" low at 300 yards. That's a pretty good ballistic arc, and still at 3000 ft-lbs of energy when it gets there.

FWIW, I was going through my Woodleigh manual this morning, totally forgot they make (made?) a 320 gr PPSN, BC checks in at .457.

At 2600 fps and a 200 yard zero, that only puts you about 9" low at 300 yards. That's a pretty good ballistic arc, and still at 3000 ft-lbs of energy when it gets there.
3000fp at 300yds, now that's knocking the stuffing out of a critter

This one maybe

The other big bore cartridge in 9,3 range

Attachments

• 366 DGW | Cartridge Collector.pdf
    62.9 KB · Views: 8
I wonder if you can rent reamers for that beast? I do happen to have a no1 action laying around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.