60 inch Kudu?

If 60 inch Kudu were as thick as 180 Whitetails in my neighbourhood I'd relax. :)

I think those 60+ kudus are as thick as 18+ bushbucks.

They are very hard to find but there are places where you can find them fairly easily. My neighbor is a very large cattle farmer with easily more than 10,000 cattle(Mollevel Voerkraal). The kudu's are fed throughout the year by the feeding lots set up for cattle. There are also thousands of warthogs that hang around there. I am amazed by the quality of these giants that he has on his side every time Im back. Needless to say, his property does not have a high fence on our side so I love watching them jump into our farm. He only lets SA friends hunt as far as I know but his head mechanic has shot three 60+ kudus in the last 5 years. Couple of the hunters has done the same. Friends of ours shot a 64 and 61 inch kudu on our side and the trackers said they see bigger one's when checking the waterholes throughout the year. We live in America now so its hard to know exactly what there is. Ill take a trail camera back in June, see if I cant get some of them. I think the low fenced farms like his that rarely sees hunters are the ones with the big kudus.

They are very hard to find but there are places where you can find them fairly easily. My neighbor is a very large cattle farmer with easily more than 10,000 cattle(Mollevel Voerkraal). The kudu's are fed throughout the year by the feeding lots set up for cattle. There are also thousands of warthogs that hang around there. I am amazed by the quality of these giants that he has on his side every time Im back. Needless to say, his property does not have a high fence on our side so I love watching them jump into our farm. He only lets SA friends hunt as far as I know but his head mechanic has shot three 60+ kudus in the last 5 years. Couple of the hunters has done the same. Friends of ours shot a 64 and 61 inch kudu on our side and the trackers said they see bigger one's when checking the waterholes throughout the year. We live in America now so its hard to know exactly what there is. Ill take a trail camera back in June, see if I cant get some of them. I think the low fenced farms like his that rarely sees hunters are the ones with the big kudus.

It's like you said...good food, water, low hunting pressure. And the genes are there, they just need time to be expressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg