6.5x55 Remington Classic

50reloader

AH member
Reaction score
Remington 700 Classic in 6.5x55. Like new condition. No box. Can email or text more pics.
31BE56A5-D384-49E0-92D6-4B75016DE3A2.jpeg
2E8EBE81-5AE7-4D1E-A485-115D118D3D3C.jpeg

Sorry I guess I need to post a price. $1250 shipped in hard case and insured.

Is this in a long action or short?.................thanks.......................FWB

@50reloader
I see you're new to the site, with only a few posts and no info in your profile / "about me" sections. I'd like to recommend posting an introductory post, tell us a little about you and your hunting experiences.

There have been several scam attempts lately, and I for one would be very cautious/nervous about purchasing. A few more pics of the gun (full length views, etc.) Could be helpful too.

Welcome to AH. That's a nice rifle you've got listed.

if you want one don,t wait, they were only made one year. i bought mine(still new in the box) along with other classic,s as soon as they hit my local gunshop.

DSCN0724.JPG
DSCN0727.JPG
DSCN0730 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a for sale post. Like all rifles, appealing to some (inc. me) and not to others. I don't see why anyone feels compelled to shit on somebody's for sale post, unless they are a known scammer/item is obviously falsely portrayed, etc. None of that is true here. I posted a like new S&W M57 41 Mag classic for sale a few years ago on another site. Newer gun, which had the key lock. Hey, I don't care for that lawyer addition either, but it was clearly described and displayed in high quality recent photos in the post. Some guy who comments on everyone's posts, favorable and otherwise, had to chime in and say something- no way he own one of those because of the lock. I didn’t reply and restrained myself, which was partially due to my tendency to remain sober. I don't think he does the same. Don't like a gun's design? Fine. Don't buy it. Rem 700s have been discussed and cussed from the beginning of time. Lots of threads to continue dissecting that dead horse. This is a nice rifle in very fine condition at a reasonable price. Buy it, ask a question, or shut up.

Last edited:
I can assure you that I’m not a scam. I have bought and sold several guns on campfire. I just thought I would try this group. I’m not upset with anyones post to my listing. Everyone has there options. I’m just wanting to move the rifle to fund my next project. Thanks

I never meant to imply in any way this was any sort of scam, and apologize if I somehow I conveyed that. I was describing only a circumstance where negative comments are justified. Welcome to AH, happy to see your contributions. And nice rifle at a very fair price.

Can you send / post a few more pics showing more of the fore end, muzzle, bolt face etc? Does this rifle have iron sights? Thank you

Can you send / post a few more pics showing more of the fore end, muzzle, bolt face etc? Does this rifle have iron sights? Thank you
I can send you all the pics you have ask for but it will be late tomorrow. I’m out of town till then.

Tango if you will private message me a email I can send requested pictures. I can’t seem to get multiple photos to upload.

1FB38B70-82A5-4FFA-9B27-F088AC6F8E86.jpeg
20882BE3-78D0-4EE3-AA37-E2D13B9DAF25.jpeg
D3682FA8-0582-4AE0-8657-9370BED3FA28.jpeg
A205CDDE-EC84-4F3E-99C2-CA72816CC348.jpeg

Well I guess I figured it out

0441B19E-C607-46A6-91E0-F6EF2FFD2F23.jpeg
1E2F7CD2-2621-4DC8-978A-5B62B63E10C8.jpeg
0457858A-07E1-4667-B321-2D14358DEE88.jpeg
1F623BA0-BC37-483B-AFD1-82298E5B5E55.jpeg
671F1D9D-BD80-4C9F-B7F1-9C53B78802DB.jpeg

Great caliber bad platform...
In my experience most require a bit of hot rodding before they can shoot well

the only rem 700 classic rifle i have that has factory sights is a 375 H&H classic.
Some of the 35 Whelen's had iron sights. Just a small touch I like on a classic rifle/caliber combo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani