AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SCI Member
Some of you know that I’m having a 404 Jeffery built by AHR right now and while that is exciting, I have the opportunity to purchase a 470 nitro for what I feel Is a great deal.

Do you guys feel that there is a need to have a 404 as well as a 470 double? I may only hunt buffalo once or twice on my life.

Opinions welcome.

There is no "need" just if you want it :D go for it. Can probably sell the 470 NE for a similar amount if its a good deal. Get both, shoot them and decide for your self, that is if you have the extra cash to fund both.

Some of you know that I’m having a 404 Jeffery built by AHR right now and while that is exciting, I have the opportunity to purchase a 470 nitro for what I feel Is a great deal.

Do you guys feel that there is a need to have a 404 as well as a 470 double? I may only hunt buffalo once or twice on my life.

Opinions welcome.
May be I can use another 404J
Krish

"Only costs you the difference in what you paid and what you sell it for."

If you might only hunt buffalo once or twice in your life I’d say save the money and hunt them at least twice or possibly three times. A picture or a mount on the wall is better than another gun in the gun safe. There is a very good chance your hunts would be done with a scoped rifle anyway, just carrying the double for follow up on a buffalo that’s already down.

Opinions welcome.
Andrew is a friend of mine…I would never reveal who the seller is or what the price is…the 470 he is looking at is an absolute steal!!! IF he passes on it I would PM him if I were someone looking for one. I have the same brand and model and it is now my favorite gun!!!

Andrew is a friend of mine…I would never reveal who the seller is or what the price is…the 470 he is looking at is an absolute steal!!! IF he passes on it I would PM him if I were someone looking for one. I have the same brand and model and it is now my favorite gun!!!
He will have it in his hands very soon. I seen what he is getting. Very nice rifle.
Krish.

A .375 will do anything either of the .40's will do in the hands of a client regardless of action. So, you do not "need" it. If you "want" the rifle and its acquisition doesn't adversely affect those who are dependent on your resources, then buy it.

Craig is a standup guy and has provided me with sound advice. If for some reason I pass on the deal or it doesn’t work out, then I will post the deal so someone can get the rifle!

Thanks @Rare Breed

A .375 will do anything either of the .40's will do in the hands of a client regardless of action. So, you do not "need" it. If you "want" the rifle and its acquisition doesn't adversely affect those who are dependent on your resources, then buy it.
A .375 will NEVER do what a .470 NE will do - NEVER... you will NEVER get the shoulder bruise, flinch, or back ache from carrying a 12 lb rifle, and never pay the $$ for ammo, and you “probably” will never shoot the .470NE as often and as accurately as you will a .375. But - and this is a BIG but - you will have the comfort and pride in owning a double rifle in a classic caliber with a storied history.....and that makes it worthwhile !!

A .375 will NEVER do what a .470 NE will do - NEVER... you will NEVER get the shoulder bruise, flinch, or back ache from carrying a 12 lb rifle, and never pay the $$ for ammo, and you “probably” will never shoot the .470NE as often and as accurately as you will a .375. But - and this is a BIG but - you will have the comfort and pride in owning a double rifle in a classic caliber with a storied history.....and that makes it worthwhile !!
But it's a 470! It's like guys measuring their d*cks, a 470 wins!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeinR

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt