.470 NE Krieghoff Classic Big Five Complete Package For Sale – Save $7,000

I am not in a rush Mark, and if you would like to propose a 6 month payment plan or something along those lines, I would rather see it go to someone who will appreciate it :)

Thanks for the offer. It’s just not feasible right now with all I have going on. And I really don’t need. It’s a want.

Good luck on the sale of a fine double.

@Mark Biggerstaff - Hope it works out for the best.

@One Day... - I wish this wasn't beyond my recoil threshold, or my bank account. Beautiful rifle.

Thanks for the offer. It’s just not feasible right now with all I have going on. And I really don’t need. It’s a want.

Good luck on the sale of a fine double.
Mark all works out for you. Prayed for you!

The AH member who wanted to buy it and had asked me to set it aside for him for two months is not moving forward... The rifle / package is back on offer :)
Sorry about that, had stuff come up that couldn't be avoided. Things seem to go wrong right before winter in Alaska

View attachment 486069

Yes, I know, folks are going to say that Blaser madness is upon me, but I am selling my Krieghoff .470...

The reason I am selling it, after considerable soul searching, is that I want to do it all with the Blaser R8 in order to have only one set of ergonomics burned in my muscle memory, and I have a .458 Lott barrel for dangerous game for it, in addition to the .375 H&H, .300 Wby, and .257 Wby barrels for cats, plains game and mountains game, and the .223 Rem training barrel with which I am gaining overwhelming muscle memory because I practice with it on steel constantly.

This “K Gun” is rock-solid (as they all are) and has a very tight lock - perfect water-table and on-the-face contact - but it is broken-in and not hard to open. Nothing worse than struggling to break the rifle open on a knee when something angry is coming…

As many of you know for having seen it before in hunt reports, it is a real safari rifle that has been to Africa several times, that has hunted Buffalo, Elephant and Lion, that shoots straight, and that is proven. It is in very, very good shape, but I would not say that it is in as-new condition like some doubles that never saw Africa. Like every rifle that has spent many days tracking on foot, it has lost a hair line of bluing on the sharp edges. It also has a few marks and one small dig on the stock - visible a couple inches ahead of the recoil pad on the top of the stock in the attached picture, if you zoom in - it will be easy to fill with wood paste if you want, but I never bothered...

View attachment 486068

The action is blued, which totally eliminates the risk of nickel-plating peeling off, as occasionally seen on K guns used in foul weather.

Double triggers of course, so that soft or solid can be instantly selected if one of each is loaded. The front trigger is articulated.

The rifle has 23 5/8” (60 cm) barrels, which is the perfect compromise for handiness in dense bush while retaining muzzle velocity and reducing muzzle flash and blast.

The chambers and throats are spotless, and the barrels rifling is very crisp. The rifle has never shot early-generation, too hard, naval bronze solids. I learned that lesson on its predecessor (Pre-WW II Belgian Jules Burry .450 No 2) that I retired and sold when its ammo became impossible to find.

The rifle has a 1” Decelerator pad. The length of pull on the first trigger is 15”, and the rifle is equipped with a factory installed recoil reducer epoxied in the buttstock. It makes it balance perfectly (K Gun tend to be a little muzzle heavy otherwise). The rifle weighs 11 lbs. which is the classic, proper weight for a .470 and makes recoil very manageable.

The rifle comes with a detachable (Allen wrench and thumb screw provided) Leica Tempus red dot 3.5 MOA installed by the Krieghoff shop, as well as a Trader Keith sling with quick-detach swivels, and a Krieghoff soft case.

The rifle does not have automatic ejectors, so it does not produce the dreaded loud double “ping” when reloading, but empties fly out perfectly with a quick twist of the wrist, as every practiced double rifle user is familiar with.

The rifle comes with 235 factory load Hornady DGS which is a very reliable solid; 19 factory load NEW Hornady DGX Bonded which corrected the issue with the non-bonded original DGX; 95 factory load Barnes TSX; 40 factory loads Barnes banded solids; 10 factory load Norma PH Woodleigh Solid; 10 factory load Norma PH Woodleigh Soft; 10 factory load Federal Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer; a set of two RCBS dies that I never used; 500 Hornady DGS bullets for hunting and practice; 250 DGX bullets non-bonded, that I recommend for practice only; and whatever brass I have currently on hand: around 60 once-shot Hornady and Barnes. I had planned to reload for practice and never got to it…

The rifle shoots verified 2"+ groups at 50 yards, which is the Holy Grail of double rifles, with several great factory loads e.g. Norma PH Woodleigh solids, Norma PH Woodleigh softs, Barnes TSX, Hornady DGS, Federal Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer (see targets pics here under), as well as the NEW lesser appreciated but great DGX Bonded. The rifle also has never shot wider than 4" with any factory ammo I tried. As we all know, 4" @ 50 yards is the norm, as it is 1/2 minute of frontal elephant brain shot (8" wide), and of course it is tack-driving accuracy for any DG body shot. This means that the rifle can hunt with ANY available factory ammo.

This is a complete package, and those who know me, know that I am rather meticulous with my kit…

View attachment 486041

I am not interested in trade-offs or bartering; it is priced to sell. I am not very interested in parceling out the package. I am OK for layaway for AH members of long standing, with progress payments over a couple months, but I keep the rifle until paid in full. In so many words, I am really not interested in this becoming a pain in the neck: it is a proper rifle looking for a proper home, not a junkyard fire sale...

Yes, I know that one can buy a brand new Chapuis for the same price, or even a brand new Sabatti for $7,500, but this is a Krieghoff… ‘nough said, those in the know understand the difference…

Certified bank check or USPS money order please. Shipping additional per actual cost to your FFL.

View attachment 486042

View attachment 486043

View attachment 486044
It is not a safe queen; it is a real safari-proven rifle that has been to Africa several times and that has hunted Buffalo, Elephant and Lion.

View attachment 486045
The chambers and throats are spotless, and the barrels rifling is very crisp. The rifle has never shot early-generation naval bronze solids.

View attachment 486046
The rifle comes with a detachable (Allen wrench and thumb screw provided) Leica Tempus red dot 3.5 MOA installed by the Krieghoff shop.

View attachment 486063
Krieghoff regulation target serialized to the rifle.

View attachment 486064
No Bubba gunsmithing on this rifle. Installation of the red dot done at the Krieghoff shop.

Actual groups shot standing from the sticks at 50 yards with factory ammo speak for themselves:

View attachment 486050
Norma PH Woodleigh 500 gr solids @ 50 yards. The squares on the target are 1".

View attachment 486051
Norma PH Woodleigh 500 gr softs @ 50 yards. The squares on the target are 1".

View attachment 486052
Barnes TSX 500 gr @ 50 yards. The squares on the target are 1".

View attachment 486053
Federal Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer 500 gr @ 50 yards. The squares on the target are 1". The red dot needs to be clicked 3 clicks down if this ammo is used for hunting.

View attachment 486055
Hornady DGS 500 gr @ 50 yards. The squares on the target are 1". The red dot needs to be clicked 2 clicks down if this ammo is used for hunting. Hornady new DGX Bonded shoot inside the same group.

Thank you for reading. Please PM me if interested. I will send any detailed pic you may want.
still available?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.