460wby build

Akbigbore

AH member
Joined
Mar 20, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
12
finally got my 460wby done most will be pissed knowing this rifle started as a 5 panel lazer mark and now resembles nothing of it lol cut 4” off the barrel and threaded it got my hands on a accumark stock had rifle cerakota had weatherby make me a plus 1 dangerous game extended mag and topped with a 1-8 nxs night force she came out great and balance is spot on vs what it was originally easy to toss and move around

IMG_1874.jpeg
IMG_1871.jpeg
IMG_1870.jpeg
IMG_1872.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That scope is fantastic, it is one of my favorites.

Nice looking rifle.
 
I think it’s super cool when somebody takes a rifle they own, and likes well enough to own it, and then makes it theirs by modding it. Doing the same right now with one of mine. Thanks for pics. Not a wby fan but if I was I’d own a 257 and a 460.
 
I think it’s super cool when somebody takes a rifle they own, and likes well enough to own it, and then makes it theirs by modding it. Doing the same right now with one of mine. Thanks for pics. Not a wby fan but if I was I’d own a 257 and a 460.
That’s my thing I loved the classic look of the lazer mark but end of the day I live in Alaska and weather is harsh on rifles so if I’m scared to drag it through the brush after bear then I don’t need the rifle
 
That’s my thing I loved the classic look of the lazer mark but end of the day I live in Alaska and weather is harsh on rifles so if I’m scared to drag it through the brush after bear then I don’t need the rifle
Exactly, what’s the point in owning a rifle that you don’t take with you and build history with. I like that your work wasn’t just about weather and wear but balance and carry too.
 
Fantastic !
Yep, scope is outstanding.
I hope the bases are 8x40-ed and J-B Welded to the rifle.
Have you found the perfect load yet ?
Any 500-grainers with 115 grains of H4350 ought to be sub-MOA
and about 2500 fps MV or 2400 fps with 22" barrel. That was my "Birthday Bugholer Load."
404-gr Stone Hammer at 3000/2900 fps will do for sheep hunting,
but that bullet did not exist when I was loading for the 460 WBY MAG.
 
Have you shot it much? I'm sure it is loud and proud with that brake on it. How much does the rifle weigh?
 
finally got my 460wby done most will be pissed knowing this rifle started as a 5 panel lazer mark and now resembles nothing of it lol cut 4” off the barrel and threaded it got my hands on a accumark stock had rifle cerakota had weatherby make me a plus 1 dangerous game extended mag and topped with a 1-8 nxs night force she came out great and balance is spot on vs what it was originally easy to toss and move around
Curious to know what your plan is for this gun or if you have any upcoming hunts lined up. 460 seems like a bit of overkill for Alaska, but I like your style and wouldn't mind picking up a 460 and doing something similar....I live in Texas BTW so anything over a .270 is technically overkill for what the native species we have to offer.
 
Great looking rifle!

I love my 460 Wby and it will be joining me again in Zim this August. 23" barrel sends 500 grs' at 2500 fps and fairly easy to get 3 shots in a 3" bull at 100 yards off hand in rapid succession. I haven't loaded lighter weight projectiles much as my 500 softs and solids are a laser to 200 yards with same POI. Great for DG up close and still take a shot at a worth while PG even at distance.



Buff front angle.jpg
 
Curious to know what your plan is for this gun or if you have any upcoming hunts lined up. 460 seems like a bit of overkill for Alaska, but I like your style and wouldn't mind picking up a 460 and doing something similar....I live in Texas BTW so anything over a .270 is technically overkill for what the native species we have to offer.
It will probably go to Africa with me hopefully lol and I will say stomping through the brush with a 9-10ft brown bear I don’t think there is anything over kill lol shot my last bear with 416 ruger and when I pulled the trigger a different bear stood up 45ft away wish I had a lot more gun lol
 
Fantastic !
Yep, scope is outstanding.
I hope the bases are 8x40-ed and J-B Welded to the rifle.
Have you found the perfect load yet ?
Any 500-grainers with 115 grains of H4350 ought to be sub-MOA
and about 2500 fps MV or 2400 fps with 22" barrel. That was my "Birthday Bugholer Load."
404-gr Stone Hammer at 3000/2900 fps will do for sheep hunting,
but that bullet did not exist when I was loading for the 460 WBY MAG.
Yep she’s rocking 8-40s and tally steal set up on it and 450 Barns for moose and some 500g A-frame for bear with back up 500g solids
 
Great looking rifle!

I love my 460 Wby and it will be joining me again in Zim this August. 23" barrel sends 500 grs' at 2500 fps and fairly easy to get 3 shots in a 3" bull at 100 yards off hand in rapid succession. I haven't loaded lighter weight projectiles much as my 500 softs and solids are a laser to 200 yards with same POI. Great for DG up close and still take a shot at a worth while PG even at distance.



View attachment 766823
Gorgeous dugga boy
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,337
Messages
1,573,254
Members
169,728
Latest member
AundreaDia
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top