450 Rigby vs 458 Lott

Hi Toby,,, Just to throw a spanner into you works.. According to the Kimber website the .458 Lott is 3 down and the .416 Rem and .375 H&H are 4 down...
 
I would never try to talk anyone out of buying an interesting caliber rifle but the .458 Lott will effectively take any animal on the planet and ammunition is easily found. I have a CZ in .458 Lott and just for fun I chronographed 5 rounds of factory loaded Hornady solids. All 5 exceeded 2300 fps.
Yet I still purchased a .470 Nitro so buy whatever appeals to you!
 
Hi Toby,,, Just to throw a spanner into you works.. According to the Kimber website the .458 Lott is 3 down and the .416 Rem and .375 H&H are 4 down...
I can see where that would be the case. The Caprivi 375 I had really fed much better with three down than four. Although the Kimber Talkeetna 375 I have easily holds four.
 
20180425_182410.png


It looks my itchy bid finger got me again! Kimber Caprivi 458 Lott on the way...
 
I recently sold a brand new/unfired Sako 450 Rigby Brown Bear (for the same price I paid originally). Within a week it was booked to travel to Africa; Cape Buff, Elephant, and so on. The Sako IS 4 down, plus one in the chamber; I know , I tried it with factory 550 grain softs.
Whatever way your heart leads, follow, and bugger the cost.
 
I recently sold a brand new/unfired Sako 450 Rigby Brown Bear (for the same price I paid originally). Within a week it was booked to travel to Africa; Cape Buff, Elephant, and so on. The Sako IS 4 down, plus one in the chamber; I know , I tried it with factory 550 grain softs.
Whatever way your heart leads, follow, and bugger the cost.

Sounds like I've just been granted permission to order that 450-400 Purdey double rifle I've been coveting for lo these many years!
 
Your going to end up like me and have both the .450 and .458 Lott in the safe..
I'm gonna have to invest in a new safe If I go much further! Isn't it funny how we think we need so many guns, but can only use one at the time?....
 
Well i guess fate intervened today. The Kimber showed up with a cracked ebony forend tip! So back she goes!

20180503_163317.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a real pain in the A... Should mean a new (upgraded?) stock. Lean on them for an upgrade, cry a bit, but don't threaten, of course ...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,345
Messages
1,573,615
Members
169,772
Latest member
JanetteEme
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top