4457 question

Pablo

AH fanatic
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Messages
533
Reaction score
1,228
Location
South Texas
Media
12
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
SCI, Puro Pinche Low Fence Hunting
Hunted
USA, South Africa
I took my rifle to Customs at the San Antone airport and got my 4457s filled out a couple of months ago. The agent didn't give a rat's ass about doing the paperwork, he was drawing his paycheck for sure. I've started working on meet and greets at Johannesburg, and was reviewing all my docs. As I looked at the 4457, there is a blank near the top that says "Number:_______." There is nothing written in mine. At the bottom, it states the Certifying officer shall draw lines through all unused spaces with ink.
What is supposed to be in that blank, if anything? Did I get hosed and have to redo it? Can I have a friend *gasp* fill in the blank? I don't know why I just saw this.
 
I have nothing in that area and it has been talked about before.
 
Mine have always been blank. It will be all good.
 
I have nothing in that area and it has been talked about before.
Thanks, I did a search for it and couldn’t find it.
 
I have many 4457's and none of them have the number blank written in or marked through. It's ok to be blank. No one has ever asked me about that in numerous times entering back into US. You don't need it to exit US technically. It's a re-entry document.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,895
Members
170,459
Latest member
Roman96B66
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top