416 Swift A Frames available Nov 21 2024

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 14, 2015
Messages
9,249
Reaction score
26,613
Location
Shreveport, Louisiana
Media
281
Articles
5
Hunting reports
Africa
10
USA/Canada
12
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Just received a message from Swift that 416 A Frames, 400 grain, are now available

1732239301772.png
 
Thanks for the heads up, picked up a few.
 
Yes I was going to post the same PSA here. I got some ordered.
 
I scrolled through all their A-Frame listings this morning and not much of anything in stock.

They do have:

.308 in 200 grain
9.3mm in 286 grain
.375 in 300 grain
 
After many years of satisfactory Swift usage I am thinking of switching to North Fork.
This shortage is not acceptable.
Have you considered the Rhino Solid Shanks? I think they are obtainable in the USA. In my opinion, very close to the Swift A Frame.
 
Already out of stock, what a joke,...that company builds great bullets but unless they can actually serve the supply the demand in the market I won't use their stuff. There are other options you can count on availability.
 
I buy a few boxes when I see it but largely, I've moved on to North Fork, TSX and Cutting Edge.
 
They’re out already. The lack of a predictable supply makes it really hard to justify the effort of serious load development.
 
Already out of stock, what a joke,...that company builds great bullets but unless they can actually serve the supply the demand in the market I won't use their stuff. There are other options you can count on availability.
They’re playing the consumer and have been for years to keep their prices astronomical. They need to sell out to a large ammo manufacturer to feed the demand and keep prices reasonable. Sierra bought Barnes through the Remington bankruptcy several years ago and ALL of their products are available and competitively priced.
 
That’s a great point…no pun intended. Barnes are available and at good pricing after they were bought. You can see there is a different strategy in place.
 
Do Swift still load cartridges? I see they have historically produced cartridge ammo for the all the DG calibers but have never seen a box in stock.
 
Do Swift still load cartridges? I see they have historically produced cartridge ammo for the all the DG calibers but have never seen a box in stock.

Midway shows some Swift ammo in stock. 6.5 Swede, 7mm-08, 270, 30-06, 300 WM, 300 RUM, 338 Lapua, 9.3x62. They also list the 375 H&H with the breakaway solids. Also 460 and 500 S&W.


Ammoseek shows about the same results: https://ammoseek.com/rifle-ammo/Swift
 
I gave up on Swift and went to Barnes TSX….
 
One interesting thing about Swift vs TSX is that I have almost no TSX bullet recoveries (only exception is the big croc that stopped a TSX in it's spine). I can't show you a lot of TSX post-mortem because they exited most of the time and less so with the A-frame. There is also very little if any tracking afterwards as the animals died quickly. I have never used a TSX (or Northfork or CEB) and wished I had the A-frame instead. I'm glad we have some options.
 
Have you considered the Rhino Solid Shanks? I think they are obtainable in the USA. In my opinion, very close to the Swift A Frame.
How do their BC's and accuracy compare to the Swift A-Frame Marius?
I need a replacement for the 200gr A-Frame I've always used in my .300 H&H.
 
Looks like the 416 400 grain's are back in stock as of this posting.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,288
Messages
1,570,688
Members
168,961
Latest member
BrittanyWi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top