.416 Rigby racket..

I have a never shot nor heard the likes of the .416 Rigby! I recently purchased a Ruger No.1 in this caliber and SUNDAY.. is GUNDAY! Fellas, what can I expect? Can anyone describe what it sounds like? I can imagine this thing is going to get everyone's attention,..ESPECIALLY ME!!
Just got back from the Kalahari. The Mauser 98 in .416 Rigby with Barnes TSX 400 grain worked on everything from Buffalo to Impala. The Minox 1-5 Scope worked nicely as well. A good all round rifle. Furtherest distance was 120m though.
068933BF-C369-4F3B-8061-A40BF2A4F164.jpeg
 
It’s just okay on steel plate…. when I hit it. Plate was at 110 meters.


Wow… a 110m shot offhand with a .416 Rigby, without optics. That’s impressive!
 
I have a never shot nor heard the likes of the .416 Rigby! I recently purchased a Ruger No.1 in this caliber and SUNDAY.. is GUNDAY! Fellas, what can I expect? Can anyone describe what it sounds like? I can imagine this thing is going to get everyone's attention,..ESPECIALLY ME!!
When I bought my CZ550 416 Rigby in preparation for my Cape Buffalo hunt I was going every Sunday to my local range. I was shooting 20 rounds each Sunday mostly from a sitting position with a lead sled. My friend was reloading for me and I actually came to enjoy it. Of course I made mistakes at first but the Big Boy Big Gun Club members were a great source of information. No. 1 was don't shoot from the bench, 2nd and 3rd DON'T SHOOT FROM THE BENCH. Sticks were ok. I also would let the neighbors on either side of me know what caliber I was shooting which they appreciated. I'm 6'2" about 275 lbs and have some slow motion video of me shooting from the bench. Kinda spectacular footage. Anyway check out the Big Bore clubs and you will find lots of good info. September of this year I took my Cape Buffalo and a nice big Impala with the rifle in Zimbabwe (Save Area) both with one shot.
 
Yes sir. Ruger m77!
 
Is that your Ruger 77 ? I haven shit my 416 rigby or the 458 lott in Ruger no1 yet. There is a lott of good advice here.
Krish
I’ve fired a buddy’s No.1 in 458 Lott. It’s not quite @TOBY458 ‘s description of bodily demolition but you surely know when it goes off. I’m betting if I lean into it just the right amount I can get a full backflip on recoil.
Seriously though, not near as bad as I had prepared myself for.
 
I’ve fired a buddy’s No.1 in 458 Lott. It’s not quite @TOBY458 ‘s description of bodily demolition but you surely know when it goes off. I’m betting if I lean into it just the right amount I can get a full backflip on recoil.
Seriously though, not near as bad as I had prepared myself for.
Turn the volume up to full potential and it's a lot of fun and lively even...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,348
Members
169,528
Latest member
MickiMoody
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top