416 Rigby Ammo

Awesome, glad to hear it gives me a place to start. How many times can you reuse the brass on average?
Many many times!
It is a low pressure cartridge (at ca. 45k psi) and a good case design. Anneal your cases every reloading cycle and follow the normal, good reloading practises and they should last a lifetime. A 416 Rigby is not a 100 rounds/range session plinking calibre anyway, so burning through components isn't a huge threat (provided you at least have some components)
 
Thank you all. I have bought some boxes from birdy, and will be reaching out
Small Local store has 1 box of Hornady solids for 124.99 if you are interested. They got it by mistake in an order.

Also, they can order Barnes tsx from their distributor. Their warehouse is showing 60 boxes in stock.

Let me know and I can get you to the right person
if you don’t mind sending me a PM with that info, definitely would like to get in touch, I just bought several boxes from birdy. They arrived safely, Birdy did me rightly. getting ready to put a few rounds thru tomorrow to see how they print.
 
Many many times!
It is a low pressure cartridge (at ca. 45k psi) and a good case design. Anneal your cases every reloading cycle and follow the normal, good reloading practises and they should last a lifetime. A 416 Rigby is not a 100 rounds/range session plinking calibre anyway, so burning through components isn't a huge threat (provided you at least have some components)
Thank you for the info, I shot about 8 rounds the other night, and that was about all my shoulder could stand. I quickly learned I need to get a new butt pad, and practice better technique shooting DG rifles. You definitely pay the price shooting off a bench.
 
Small Local store has 1 box of Hornady solids for 124.99 if you are interested. They got it by mistake in an order.

Also, they can order Barnes tsx from their distributor. Their warehouse is showing 60 boxes in stock.

Let me know and I can get you to the right person
If you want to send me a PM with their contact information, I would greatly appreciate that sir
 
Thank you to all!!!!!
I have finally got my hands on some 416
 
Hendershots or Choice ammo can help if they have the components and you have enough time to wait for their lead times. I might be able to help as I stocked up expecting to use my 416 Rigby this summer but instead I am taking my double (450/400). I have the following, with photos below:
70 Barnes 400 gr banded solids
40 400g Cutting Edge Safari solids (loaded by Choice ammo)
120 Barnes 400gr TSX (loaded by Hendershots)

I can let these go for what I paid for them plus shipping. Let me know and I’ll look up the prices.

View attachment 461029View attachment 461031View attachment 461033
Did you sell all of these or do you have any of it left?
 
I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 416 Rigby which is due here early next week. Thank you Braids Guns… Camby, Indiana. Now I’m starting to realize the problem of ammo. Does anyone have any 416 rigby ammo for sale. I’m not looking for solids, but if I can’t find anything else, Solids to work. I also have only loaded shotgun ammo previously. But it sounds like, I need to start looking at reloading the 416 possibly…IDK????
Hendershot’s in Maryland put together quality ammo if you’re not reloading.
 
I have some Winchester Supreme 400gr with Nosler Partitions. PM me if you are interested. I will try to post a picture of a box but may not be able to tonight.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,234
Members
169,284
Latest member
BernardoHe
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top