416 Rigby Ammo

Awesome, glad to hear it gives me a place to start. How many times can you reuse the brass on average?
Many many times!
It is a low pressure cartridge (at ca. 45k psi) and a good case design. Anneal your cases every reloading cycle and follow the normal, good reloading practises and they should last a lifetime. A 416 Rigby is not a 100 rounds/range session plinking calibre anyway, so burning through components isn't a huge threat (provided you at least have some components)

Thank you all. I have bought some boxes from birdy, and will be reaching out
Small Local store has 1 box of Hornady solids for 124.99 if you are interested. They got it by mistake in an order.

Also, they can order Barnes tsx from their distributor. Their warehouse is showing 60 boxes in stock.

Let me know and I can get you to the right person
if you don’t mind sending me a PM with that info, definitely would like to get in touch, I just bought several boxes from birdy. They arrived safely, Birdy did me rightly. getting ready to put a few rounds thru tomorrow to see how they print.

Many many times!
It is a low pressure cartridge (at ca. 45k psi) and a good case design. Anneal your cases every reloading cycle and follow the normal, good reloading practises and they should last a lifetime. A 416 Rigby is not a 100 rounds/range session plinking calibre anyway, so burning through components isn't a huge threat (provided you at least have some components)
Thank you for the info, I shot about 8 rounds the other night, and that was about all my shoulder could stand. I quickly learned I need to get a new butt pad, and practice better technique shooting DG rifles. You definitely pay the price shooting off a bench.

Small Local store has 1 box of Hornady solids for 124.99 if you are interested. They got it by mistake in an order.

Also, they can order Barnes tsx from their distributor. Their warehouse is showing 60 boxes in stock.

Let me know and I can get you to the right person
If you want to send me a PM with their contact information, I would greatly appreciate that sir

Thank you to all!!!!!
I have finally got my hands on some 416

Hendershots or Choice ammo can help if they have the components and you have enough time to wait for their lead times. I might be able to help as I stocked up expecting to use my 416 Rigby this summer but instead I am taking my double (450/400). I have the following, with photos below:
70 Barnes 400 gr banded solids
40 400g Cutting Edge Safari solids (loaded by Choice ammo)
120 Barnes 400gr TSX (loaded by Hendershots)

I can let these go for what I paid for them plus shipping. Let me know and I’ll look up the prices.

View attachment 461029View attachment 461031View attachment 461033
Did you sell all of these or do you have any of it left?

I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 416 Rigby which is due here early next week. Thank you Braids Guns… Camby, Indiana. Now I’m starting to realize the problem of ammo. Does anyone have any 416 rigby ammo for sale. I’m not looking for solids, but if I can’t find anything else, Solids to work. I also have only loaded shotgun ammo previously. But it sounds like, I need to start looking at reloading the 416 possibly…IDK????
Hendershot’s in Maryland put together quality ammo if you’re not reloading.

I have some Winchester Supreme 400gr with Nosler Partitions. PM me if you are interested. I will try to post a picture of a box but may not be able to tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corteiztracksuit45

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!