404 Jeffery V.2

@Shootist43, I'll use the same scope I had on it before the rework, which is a VX6 1-6 with an illuminated duplex. Really love that scope and it worked well on my buff back in May. I have it mounted in Warne QD rings. As to cost, I have duplicated some (original stock, bottom metal, front sight and some smith work). But, trying to back out the duplicate costs, it looks like you could replicate the project for around $7,500, depending on what you can get the donor rifle or action for. Well over half that cost is in the stock. I started with an M70 in 300 RUM, and they are getting a bit hard to find. Not cheap, but considerably less than a new Dakota, and it is fitted to me.
 
Lovely rifle. I'm sure that you will enjoy it immensely. Bruce
 
It looks beautiful. Congrats.
 
Stunning rifle Doug!

And I bet it will work as well as it looks.

Tim
 
Very nice looking!
 
Stunning rifle Doug!

And I bet it will work as well as it looks.

Thanks, Tim. I can't wait to get it in hand!
 
What a beautiful stock!

And a red recoil pad to match, for the classic look. Pachmayr?

/cmk
 
Very nice indeed. A beautiful walnut stock you have there!
 
Beautiful enjoy
 
And a red recoil pad to match, for the classic look. Pachmayr?

Yes, a Pachmayr pad. I just think red is most appropriate on a safari rifle.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,260
Messages
1,570,051
Members
168,822
Latest member
LawrenceMa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top