Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zimbabwe
Just got some pictures of my revised 404 Jeffery. I had a Model 70 converted a couple of years ago and took it to Zim last May for a buff and leopard hunt. The gun worked flawlessly and I really enjoy the round. However, I cut some corners when I had the gun built and found a few things that I wanted to change. So, I decided to take the plunge and have it custom stocked as I originally intended. I contacted Leroy Barry at Canyon Creek Custom Gunstocks and commissioned the project. He had a nice English Walnut blank on hand that suited me. We added a drop box magazine from Sunny Hill so I can get 4 down in the mag and he installed a banded front sight from NECG with fiber optic inserts (my eyes couldn't pick up the Williams small brass beaded sight). He is currently regulating the iron sights, but he sent me a couple of pics to whet my appetite. Should have it in hand in a couple of weeks. Now I'll have to take it back to Africa. Oh well, a man has to do what a man has to do!
IMG_20180110_133518103.jpg
IMG_20180110_133535801.jpg

Certainly have to make sure it is properly tested.

Yes, sacrifices must be made ;)

Super- I like it! That grain looks correct as it flows through the wrist area.

Thanks, guys. I can't wait to get it to the range!

Now that is a sexy rifle! Love it!

Beautiful stick Doug and the grain is perfect!

That is one handsome rifle! You did great! Now for the hunt!

Very nice work sir!

Very nice!

you should send it to me in alaska and let me test it for you, don't waste YOUR time in Africa, when you can get me to test it for free. :)

@Custom: Very nice! I will PM you and ask you a few question on this conversion project, as I am about to start one of my own.

you should send it to me in alaska and let me test it for you, don't waste YOUR time in Africa, when you can get me to test it for free.

Thanks for the generous offer, @dirthawker! Of course, your Alaskan climate will be perfect for "breaking in" that walnut stock :)

By -golly, what is not to like? Are you going to put a scope on it? If so, what scope are you thinking about mounting? If you don't mind sharing, how much do you have tied up in this rifle. Your answer will be helpful to others thinking about starting something similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!