.404 Jeffery loads for 300, 350, and 450 grain bullets

I spoke to Pierre, he mentioned the Dangerous Game Cartridge book is out of print, it is good to know it is still available on Amazon. I ordered two medium caliber books , signed by Pierre ...(y)

This is the best thing you can do, buy this book, it is a great reference source for any dangerous game rifle you will ever use...it has loads and loads of reloading data ..even has a whole chapter on the re-loading of the Martini Henry .577/450..
full
This book is also available on Outdoor Visions website for $39.95, a great deal!
tapatalk_1551382909921.jpeg

Georg, we will pick up a copy along the way from the airport, it really is a great book to have in your collection, here is the other book also available and great reference source..
full
This book on medium calibers by Pierre van der Walt, author of the African Dangerous game cartridges...here is Pierre `s email..

adventure@aimshow.co.za

Send Pierre an email and talk to him , see if it will be possible to get a book directly from him in South Africa..

Gert I just ordered both books. Pierre's first book is available at Outdoor Visions, his second book was available from Safari Press. I'm hoping they are all that you say they are.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gert I just ordered both books. Pierre's first book is available at Outdoor Visions, his second book was available from Safari Press. I'm hoping they are all that you say they are.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I believe you will find them in a class of their own..(y)(y)(y)

I have searched and made inquiries with a couple bullet manufacturers but have found no data for these bullet weights in the .404 Jeffery.

Does anyone have some data or a source for the same?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Mike; I was looking for 404 loads and phoned Barnes Bullets. The guy I talked to emailed me several loads for 400 g TSX. If you shoot Barnes bullets, give them a call.

I believe you will find them in a class of their own..(y)(y)(y)

I received the first book on Tuesday the second one earlier this morning. I opened both after lunch. I'd have to agree they are a significant source of information and in a class of their own. Glad you "talked" me into buying them.

Many thanks everyone for the suggestions! I will look on Amazon for the two books Gert cited.

EDIT: Amazon seems to have only the Kindle version of the Dangerous Game Cartridges book.

Last edited:
I received the first book on Tuesday the second one earlier this morning. I opened both after lunch. I'd have to agree they are a significant source of information and in a class of their own. Glad you "talked" me into buying them.
Shootist43, thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated, I really am glad you find these book very informative. Please do me a favor? There is another member on the forum that needs to know where you bought these two books from..may I refer him to you for assistance??

Many thanks everyone for the suggestions! I will look on Amazon for the two books Gert cited.

EDIT: Amazon seems to have only the Kindle version of the Dangerous Game Cartridges book.

Mike , Shootist 43 will be able to assist you. I will email Pierre van der Walt again and see if he will be able to assist members on this forum to get hold of his books.. I will get back to the members..(y)(y)

Mike, hier is die antwoord waarvoor jy wag(y)(y)

Gert, I am already in contact with Nevada Mike. Helping each other is what AH is all about.

Members, here is a reply from Pierre van der Walt :

Gert

Hope you are well. You can tell the guys on African Hunting.com that African Dangerous Game Cartridges is ONLY available from Outdoor Visions hunting videos ([http://www.outdoorvisions.com) ]www.outdoorvisions.com) in the USA. Limited numbers available and when out of print I do not plan to ever reprint. It costs too much. Outdoor Visions does NOT ship to South Africa because the books almost always go missing and Outdoor Visions cannot be expected to cover the cost of replacement as a consequence of the ur corrupt, thieving, useless Post Office workers. The only way to get it into South Africa is for Outdoor Visions to mail it to a US or European address and somebody to physically bring it to South Africa.

African Medium Game Cartridges is available from Safari Press in the USA and from Safari Outdoor in South Africa.

Regards

Pierre

I purchased both books from the sources mentioned above. Total cost for both including shipping was +/- $145.00.

I was able to order both books from US sources cited. The Dangerous Game Cartridges book was about $40 from Outdoor Visions. Thanks to Gert and Shootist for their help.

May I suggest you take a look at Ammo guide .com and if you do not have the African Dangerous Game Cartridges - Pierre van der Walt book..buy it, it is a great source for re-loading big bore calibers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg