404 Finally Finished!

Perhaps this will work
 

Attachments

  • Photo on 9-4-13 at 8.49 PM.jpg
    Photo on 9-4-13 at 8.49 PM.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Photo on 9-4-13 at 8.49 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 9-4-13 at 8.49 PM #2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 289
Great shot group with Barnes bullets, looks like your ready.:)
 
What were the loads Bert? Good groups!
 
They are the Barnes TSX and flat point solids loaded up by Superior Ammo. I don't know what the recipe used was. Once I shoot through a couple boxes, I'll have enough brass to start experimenting.
 
Yeah, I see. I had some factory loads for mine once, used the same bullets, loaded by CorBon. Both shot well but the flat nose solid had a tendency to hang up in the chamber which annoyed me no end. If I seated them out further they worked fine. I have a couple of boxes of Swift AFrames I still havent tried out yet. The TSX shoots so well with IMR 4064 I just call that my load.
 
Yeah, I see. I had some factory loads for mine once, used the same bullets, loaded by CorBon. Both shot well but the flat nose solid had a tendency to hang up in the chamber which annoyed me no end. If I seated them out further they worked fine. I have a couple of boxes of Swift AFrames I still havent tried out yet. The TSX shoots so well with IMR 4064 I just call that my load.

You might want to give the solids from either North Fork or Cutting Edge Bullets a go. They're flat nosed too, but the design of the meplat is supposed to prevent feeding issues. I know the CEB's feed like butter in my .458B&M.
 
Yeah, I see. I had some factory loads for mine once, used the same bullets, loaded by CorBon. Both shot well but the flat nose solid had a tendency to hang up in the chamber which annoyed me no end. If I seated them out further they worked fine. I have a couple of boxes of Swift AFrames I still havent tried out yet. The TSX shoots so well with IMR 4064 I just call that my load.

Fortunately this rifle was build around this load, so it loads smooth as can be. The man who built it seemed concerned about the flat nosed bullets at first, but found that they load fine. I won't take it afield with them until I've shot it enough to be sure.
 
OK !!! No comment
... "Yes you can !!!" as you say there!
F A B U L O U S rifle !!! True DG rifles are still alive !:zen:
 
I just love those classic Bolt rifles!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00903.jpg
    DSC00903.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 243

Forum statistics

Threads
70,294
Messages
1,570,812
Members
169,025
Latest member
AracelisMa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top