Perhaps this will work

Attachments

• Photo on 9-4-13 at 8.49 PM.jpg
    Photo on 9-4-13 at 8.49 PM.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Photo on 9-4-13 at 8.49 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 9-4-13 at 8.49 PM #2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 105
Great shot group with Barnes bullets, looks like your ready.:)

What were the loads Bert? Good groups!

They are the Barnes TSX and flat point solids loaded up by Superior Ammo. I don't know what the recipe used was. Once I shoot through a couple boxes, I'll have enough brass to start experimenting.

Yeah, I see. I had some factory loads for mine once, used the same bullets, loaded by CorBon. Both shot well but the flat nose solid had a tendency to hang up in the chamber which annoyed me no end. If I seated them out further they worked fine. I have a couple of boxes of Swift AFrames I still havent tried out yet. The TSX shoots so well with IMR 4064 I just call that my load.

Yeah, I see. I had some factory loads for mine once, used the same bullets, loaded by CorBon. Both shot well but the flat nose solid had a tendency to hang up in the chamber which annoyed me no end. If I seated them out further they worked fine. I have a couple of boxes of Swift AFrames I still havent tried out yet. The TSX shoots so well with IMR 4064 I just call that my load.

You might want to give the solids from either North Fork or Cutting Edge Bullets a go. They're flat nosed too, but the design of the meplat is supposed to prevent feeding issues. I know the CEB's feed like butter in my .458B&M.

Fortunately this rifle was build around this load, so it loads smooth as can be. The man who built it seemed concerned about the flat nosed bullets at first, but found that they load fine. I won't take it afield with them until I've shot it enough to be sure.

OK !!! No comment
... "Yes you can !!!" as you say there!
F A B U L O U S rifle !!! True DG rifles are still alive !:zen:

I just love those classic Bolt rifles!

Attachments

• DSC00903.jpg
    DSC00903.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 96

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg