3D archery humor

Lee M

AH elite
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
1,634
Media
92
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Hunted
South Africa, USA, Canada
Bill C and I went to an outdoor show today and shot a fun 3D archery course. Here is a picture of one of the targets. Can you guess which shot was Bill's? Lol [emoji23]. I didn't realize Bill also has a side job neutering animals.
IMG_5656.JPG
 
Was he shooting while laying on his back? How could you get that kind of entry angle?
Best thing is he did hit the target and saved $10 by not losing the arrow.
( Of course I have never lost an arrow or missed anything in my entire life) :)
 
Failure to tune the bow leads to oblique entry angles.
 
Failure to tune the bow leads to oblique entry angles.

I've had wobbly arrows but never had anything remotely resembling that. :)
 
If most of his arrows landed at a similar angle, I would suspect bow tuning; if just one or two, it might be a spine issue for those arrows, or possibly under or overdraw on that shot. My comments are from one who has made every possible archery error.
 
Don't be so hard on him. He just needs to correct the Windage and Elevation. The other possibility is that the deer jumped the string. LOL
 
He did save $10 on that arrow indeed. Thank goodness [emoji28] as when we finished it was his sole survivor. His Bow was shooting a little off and he will adjust before any actual hunting. Those courses are a lot of fun. This one was unforgiving as thick woods were behind most targets. So missed we're either deep in a tree or swallowed up by grass and brush.
 
I had to shot there or I was worried I would take his arrow out since he was near the bulleyes. See what I get for being the nice guy and thinking of lee's arrows.

We always do have fun doing the 3d course that is for sure. We could have posted more pics of some of my shots but lucky he was not taking pictures right away.
 
Lee M, that sounds like the 3 D targets I used to shoot at. Billc, are you really going to stick with that story??? LOL
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,220
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top