375 H&H Optic

mburr

New member
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
3
Hello all, I am looking for recommendations for a scope for my 375 H&H. The rifle is a Biesen, and it currently has 30mm rings on it. I’d like to reuse the rings. I am well versed in the popular current scopes, I own nightforce, zeiss, leupold, etc. what are you running on your 375 that is currently available? I want to get out to about 300 yards, so 6-8x is the most I’ll need.
 
I almost feel like it might not look right on a custom wood gun. I do like the scope, but I’m looking for something that also fits the look of the gun. My 416 Remington has the zeiss diavari and I like that setup
 
This would be my ranked order of choices for a .375H&H.



 
This would be my ranked order of choices for a .375H&H.



Thank you. I could look it up, but it has t been easy to answer. What are the buttons for on the swaro?
 
I almost feel like it might not look right on a custom wood gun. I do like the scope, but I’m looking for something that also fits the look of the gun. My 416 Remington has the zeiss diavari and I like that setup

Yeah personal preference plays a role. I don't care about looks, I just want the scope to work and not lose zero. NF is it, but I also like trijicons for durability.
 
In the picture below, I have a Schmidt & Bender 1.5-8x42 Stratos on my Sako 85 in 30-06. Since that scope is no longer in production (one was available here in the classifieds recently), the current S&B 1.5-6x42 Zenith would be an alternative that I would consider. The Winchester 70 Safari Express in 375 H&H has a Swarovski z6 1.7-10x42 on it which is a really nice all-around scope that I highly recommend. I also like the Minox ZA-5 1.5-8x32 I have on my 9.3x74r but that one is out of production as well.

AH_Scopes.jpg


On my Winchester 1885 Safari Octagon in 375 H&H, I keep things simple on the single-shot falling- block by having a fixed Zeiss Diatal Z 6x42 MC.

AH_1885_Safari.png
 
This would be my ranked order of choices for a .375H&H.



I got the VX5 HD 2-10 fire dot for my .375H&H and couldn't be happier!
 
Easy Choice Meopta Meostar R2 1.7-10x42mm illuminated - as close to Swarovski glass as you can get for 1/3 of the price
 
I just bought a Z6 1.8x - 10x. I wanted just a smidge more than the Z8 for my 58 year old eyes. Plus it is about half the price of the Z8. I would highly recommend an illuminated reticle.
 
I like a swaro 1-6 , or s&b 1-4 zenith straight tube scope on a safari rifle, but the new swaro 1.7-10 would get a hard look if I was re-scoping a 375.
 
Easy Choice Meopta Meostar R2 1.7-10x42mm illuminated - as close to Swarovski glass as you can get for 1/3 of the price
Second that ☝️. I have one on a rifle and it is a superb piece of glass.
 
Had a NXS2.5x10x32 on a CZ550 mag in 375,with Warne detachable mounts,work great. It was the best scope i have ,built like a tank.
cz_550_mag_nxs_2.5x10.jpg
 
heres another...factory fitted Zeiss 2.5x10x52 Diavari,on a Mauser 66 big game.....
 

Attachments

  • m66_big_game_2.5x10x52_diavari.jpg
    m66_big_game_2.5x10x52_diavari.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 170

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,305
Members
169,336
Latest member
JennyKneeb
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top