350 grain 375 Ruger bullets (Barnes banded solids or TSX) for dangerous game

Silver Tip

Reaction score
Member of
NRA member
Hunted
South Africa
I have been looking at the Barnes 350 gr banded solid or TSX in my Ruger 375 for a cape buffalo next year. I also have a 416 Remington for buffalo. I would use the Swift A-frames and Barnes banded solids in that rifle (400 gr). I can shoot both guns well and practice with both. Suggestions...

Silver Tip

PS: I'm also looking for a place to hunt Cape buffalo inn 2011 or 2012. I have hunted plains game in South Africa in 2007.

I have never tried the 350 grain Barnes offerings yet, but I am working with the 350 grain North Forks in my .375. Great bullet and I am getting pretty good velocities with RL 17. Shot a bear with this bullet and lets just say the bear went down so hard it bounced.

The major problem you will have is dealing with the length of the 350's in mono-metal. Seating depth and the length of the magazine can be an issue.

Be good for shorter ranges ....

Silver Tip,

Contact Jacques Spamer of HartzView Safaris on js@hartzviewsafaris.co.za. or on his # (+27) 82 885 2067 . He shall cater to your dugga boy hunt of a life time.

Monish

I've shot about 20 rounds of 400gn Barnes banded solids through my .416 Rigby. They grouped very well. I loaded 1gn under maximum with RL22 and got chronographed velocities a bit over 2400fps.

I suggest trying them to see how they work in your rifle.

- browningbbr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross