303 reloading data

Seems like all the .303 bores vary widely, best to slug them to know for sure, but generally a Mosin Nagant will shoot .310- .312 bullets well. If concerned about pressure, shoot .308 cal bullets. Accuracy is not usually great with them, but for blasting who cares?
 
Hate to be a nay-Sayer, but, I don't think that a No.4 action will like a 200gn er being pushed out at 2400fps.
Might be alright in those fabulous Ruger No.1's in 303, but in a SMLE N0.4, you are pushing the envelope.

Woodleigh 215gn are a maximum load with 39.5gn of ADI 2208, same as Varget similar to your S355. These are going out at 2250-2280fps and stiff extraction and flat primers in the rear locking N0.4 of mine.
@drew416
Try AR2209 it will give a similar velocity at lower pressure. Trying to get 2400fps is similar to trying to catch tadpoles with a rusty crowbar.
If'n it was a 303 Epps chamber in a P14 I would say yes doable.
Bob
 
I shot my first animal with a Lee Enfield .303, and hand loaded ammunition for it too. The only advice I have to offer is that the case life will be greatly improved, and perhaps accuracy too if the cases are neck sized only. Lee makes a wonderful collet sizing die that should be standard equipment for anyone reloading this cartridge.
@Longwalker
I to use the Lee collet die but have problems with projectiles. They range from .310 to .312. If using .310 or .311 the collet die won't size the neck small enough.
To over come this issue I neck size all my 303 cases using a standard 308 die. Works perfectly for all size 303 projectiles.
When the case gets hard to chamber I then just use the standard 303 FLS die to bump the shoulder back and continue with the 308 die. Doing this has enabled me to get up to 10 reloads per case with the occasional trim.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,254
Messages
1,570,747
Members
169,144
Latest member
TajOlds695
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top