Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Randy, can't believe he's still around and doing this stuff. Damn he can stretch out 10 minutes of material into a half-hour segment. LOL.

I'm not a fan of his pattern testing procedure, but it's more than most reviews do. Also the patterns were a little to the left and that probably due to the wind blowing (right to left) as you can see the grass move in the background.

One thing I don't like is the reversible feature of the bolt handle. It's a half-assed attempt to make a left handed shotgun and would still have the shell ejecting right in front of the shooters face. Not to mention that the bolt release and carriage drop lever are not reversible. If they were serious, they would make a dedicated LH shotgun and not leave an entire slot on the left side open for more debris to enter the action.

The short story on this shotgun is that it's an upgraded Weatherby 18i. Bigger bolt handle, bigger bolt release, cushion on the comb, drilled and tapped receiver, opened up loading port with a reversible safety & bolt handle. Add in the much upgraded Cerakote finish and available in 3" and 3.5" chambers and it's a much better design than the 18i for waterfowling.

I'm waiting for Target Focused Life to do his full review. I saw this a couple of weeks ago.

@BeeMaa I agree that Randy Wakeman does take a rather long time to cover the pertinent facts. I've read his articles, both on the Chuck Hawks website and his own website for years. Youtube videos are a fairly recent deal for him. Wakeman is one of the few gun writers that will call a junky weapon junk.

Looks like a good all around, upland and waterfowl shotgun to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you