2 lion mounts, looking for advice?

stiffler4569

Reaction score
20230425_110855.jpg

What advice do you need
They look great

Any backstory?? Did you shoot?!?!?

No did not shoot, we used them for education in different settings, and now dont have room for them anymore. Dont really know there value, but know cant sell them across state lines.

What state?

Possibly try to donate them to a 501(c)(3) organization like a museum or conservation club. You might get a tax writeoff.

Also, possibly contact your in-state big box outdoor and hunting retail stores. They often buy big game taxidermy. Best of luck, TheGrayRider.

Consider a school with Lion as mascot

Giday stiffler and welcome to the A H forums

:S Welcome:
What makes you think you can't sell them across state lines?? in the US....

:S Welcome:
What makes you think you can't sell them across state lines?? in the US....
Fairly certain it is a Lacey Act violation to sell outside any state other than where located.

Shouldn't be if they were taken legally.
Maybe someone will chime in that knows more than I do. I do believe lions cannot be sold out of state, but have not researched the issue. A friend researched it dealing with his father’s estate and told me the same.

Maybe someone will chime in that knows more than I do. I do believe lions cannot be sold out of state, but have not researched the issue. A friend researched it dealing with his father’s estate and told me the same.
I guess it depends on individual state laws but to my knowledge lion sales across state lines isn’t a Lacy violation. Tigers yes but lions, not to my knowledge. A client of mine sold one 3 or 4 years ago and when we called to check it wasn’t an issue. Call USFW, they will have the definitive answer but I think you will be fine.

There was a similar post a few years ago.

You might also want to give this shop a call but it appears that if they are in Wisconsin they have to stay in Wisconsin.

Maybe the lions identify as elk or deer, making sales across state lines a nonissue.

If you could figure out a way to get them to Mexico and come across the boarder into the US, they would be given a free cell phone and airline tickets to anywhere they wanted to go in the US.

If I were them, I would go to Islamorada, FL and donate myself to the Safari Lounge.

The lounge is in desperate need of good mounts!

Bear mounts offer an impressive and majestic display for any enthusiast of wildlife or hunting trophies. These lifelike representations capture the raw power and serene beauty of bears, making them a focal point in any room. Whether it's a full-body pose or a striking shoulder mount, each piece provides a unique glimpse into the essence of one of nature's most formidable creatures. For hunters, a bear mount commemorates a significant achievement, while for decorators, it adds a rugged, natural element to interior spaces. Overall, bear mounts are a stunning tribute to the wild, evoking awe and respect for these magnificent animals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois